8: 🇬🇧🗡️

omni

later that evening, during dinner, jordan was still sulking after being rejected and reprimanded by rakim, tears staining his cheek as he picked at his food, his appetite gone after the events that went down at the rock wall.

jordan wasn't an idiot. he knew that no grown ass man was going to entertain flirting from a child unless they were clearly a pedophile - which rakim made it clear that he is not, but still, being rejected that harshly bruised the dark skinned boy's ego.

what did he see in tyler that he didn't see in me? he thought, aside from the obvious and disgustingly illegal age difference between them, there was really nothing that tyler had that he didn't have. i look way better than him.

symere crept up on the disheartened boy, who had been sitting alone up until that point because he clearly didn't want to be bothered.

"hey jordy, what's wrong?" symere asked, sitting on the bench next to him and placing a comforting hand on his back. even though he snapped on jordan a lot - mostly for his afromentioned delusions and the fact that he could be a bit of a dick sometimes, he was still the first friend he made at camp. he didn't like seeing him so sad, no matter how annoying he could be.

"i just got my heart broken," jordan sniffled out, his voice weary and softer than usual as he admitted the reason for his hurt. "rakim don't like me back."

symere's expression quickly flipped from a sympathetic one to a blank one. "oh."

"h-he went on this long ass rant and told me to stop flirting with him because it was 'sexual harassment' and i was 'making him uncomfortable' like seeing him every day and knowing that he'll never love me like i love him doesn't make me uncomfortable, like what the fuck?" cried out jordan.

symere sat there for a few seconds, trying to come up with the perfect thing to say to give him a reality check, but not hurt his already hurt feelings. 

the shorter boy made eye contact with his friend, who blinked back tears. "i mean...no offense jordy but what did you expect? no grown ass man wants a 12 year old telling him that he wants to suck his dick and all that other wild shit you said. i mean, some do, but those are the types that have white vans with FREE CANDY spraypainted on the side."

jordan took in his friends words, thumbing tears away from his eyes. "i know and i understand that, i'm not an idiot. all the sexual stuff i was saying i was just playing around and being extra, but i really am in love with him. i've never seen anybody that beautiful before in my life, and when i saw him it was love at first sight."

symere bit down on his lip, trying to resist his urge to laugh as jordan went on.

"i know you probably think i'm being ridiculous right now but my feelings really hurt. i've never been rejected before in my life. ever. i thought that rejection was something that only happened to ugly people. does rakim think i'm ugly? does everyone think i'm ugly? is this how michael has to live his life?" jordan panicked. 

he's truly never had to deal with rejection before in his life. at his school, all the girls thought he was cute, and he's generally gone his whole life with people complimenting him and rewarding him because of his looks. when he was little strangers used to tell his mom what a cute kid he was. now that he wasn't getting his way because of his looks, it felt foreign to him.