Chapter 7

The room was cold, but I had warmth. Not from my blanket,  but simply from Levi curled into my side. Oh god he was beautiful, just the way that the sun peeking through my window was glistening against his pale face; just perfect. I stretched out my arms, trying not to disturb Levi, and set them behind my head.

        I knew that it was so wrong to feel this way for a complete stranger, but it felt just..right. Almost as if Levi was supposed to be beside me, that we were made to meet each other. We were meant for each other. Levi yawned and stretched his arms out. He turned his body facing me and tossed an arm over my waist. I removed one arm from the back of my head and placed it over his shoulder.  He looked up at me blankly, "morning, cutie."

        "Oh..  Mornin." The word 'cutie' caught me off guard so I just awkwardly smiled.

        "Have you ever been called that before?"

        I felt a blush sweep over my cheeks as I shook my head. I have been called cute before,  but only by Mikasa and my mom, other than those two I have never literally been called cute by anyone,  not even Armin when I was dating him.

        "Well you are a cutie, cutie. Anyway, what time is it?"

        I looked over to the alarm clock on my nightstand. The fluorescent green numbers told me that the time was 8:03 am. I looked down to Levi who was still looking up at me, I noticed small rosy patches over his cheeks. I smiled at his cuteness,"Its Apparently 8:03."

        He yawned,"apparently eh? Well, we should get ready, classes will start soon and I'm assuming you're going with Marco again."

        I sighed and nodded. I was fine with going to classes with Marco because he knew where to go, but I'd still rather spend my time with Levi. Levi pushed himself up and faced me. He leaned in and kissed my forehead, "Seeya later, cutie."

        A kiss on the forehead apparently wasn't enough for me, because next thing you know, I grabbed his arm and pulled him for an actual kiss. Our lips gently touched, it was a basic, simple kiss,  yet it felt so amazing. Levi pulled away first. He moved a hand up to my cheek and caressed it, "Okay, now I'll see you later, cutie."

        I smiled as he jumped out of my bed and headed for the door. I heard the door close gently behind him as I got up and started getting ready. I had to think about what our relationship really was. Was he using me? Why did I hate him so much, but damn I loved him.

After around twenty minutes of getting ready, Marco and Jean knocked at my door. I kindly greeted Marco, and of course just ignored Jean. The day went by just like yesterday; long and boring. Except instead of everybody coming to my place,  Marco took Jean out to dinner and I was left all alone. Don't get me wrong, of course, I like being around people like Levi, Marco and the others, but for the last week I felt like I was being bombarded with people.

        At this point all I really wanted was to just be alone, just my thoughts and I.  Even if my thoughts tormented me and the only way to ignore them was for social contact, I still just wanted be alone. Besides, everyone needs some space sometimes.

        I found myself on my balcony once again during the night,  glaring at the street below. The frost on railing stung my hands, but yet once again,  I found no reason to care.

        "Out here again? You're gonna get sick."

        I smiled as I looked over at Levi as he took out a cigarette.

        "I may get sick, but it'll be temporary,  but if you're smoking and you get sick with something like, oh I don't know,  lung cancer, it'll be permanent."

        He chuckled as if I had just said a bad joke.

        "Hey! I'm serious!"

        "Hey, since when do you care about my health?"

        I shrugged my shoulders, "I think since I found out that you smoked"

       "Hey, kid, do you have plans for Friday night?"

        I looked over to Levi who was currently taking a long drag. I felt my pulse rise at the thought of him possibly asking me out. I shook my head, "No, you?"

        He sighed and shook his head, "Do you wanna go on a date?"

        I felt my jaw drop, a date!? Like an actual date. I jumped up and clapped my hands, "yes!"

        He chuckled as he put out his cigarette,  "Good, I'll knock on your door after classes,  yeah?"

        I nodded my head excitedly.

------Friday-------

        The next two days went by pretty slowly.  Levi didn't come out on the balcony on either nights, nor did he stay over night with me. I'm not going to lie, but it actually bugged me. I wasn't lonely, Marco and the others kept me company. I was really happy to have them, they're really great friends,  except Jean.

        I sat on my bean bag chair, patiently waiting for a knock on my door.  I waited for a good ten minutes before I heard a knock. I jumped up and ran to the door. I was expecting no one but Levi. I was wrong. When I opened the door I was greeted by a police officer. I was so nervous I swear my heart skipped a beat. The officer tilted his hat, "Afternoon,  do you know where I can find Jean Kirschtien?"

        "Why? Is he in trouble?"

        The officer didn't hesitate, "No, Marco Bodt was in an accident, his last words was to tell Jean he loved him."

        I felt tears flutter to my eyes, I couldn't really pinpoint exactly what I had heard. I put my hand over my mouth and shook my head. The officer put a hand on my shoulder, "I'm sorry for your loss, kid. I gotta go now, just promise me that you'll tell Jean as soon as possible." I nodded my head and he was gone.

        I didn't really want to believe that my first friend, besides Levi, was gone. For possibly the first time I felt sympathy for Jean. I did what the officer told me to do, I picked up my phone and dialed Jeans number. He picked up with a "What do you want, Jaeger?"

        I sucked in a gulp of air and exhaled slowly. "Jean-"

        "What!? God you know I'm at work right?"

        "Marco was in an accident."

        The line was silent for a few seconds. "What do you mean? Is he okay? Why didn't he tell me?"

I felt my voice freeze. I didn't know what to tell him.

        "Jean..A police officer came to my apartment asking where he could find you... he told me that Marco told him to say that he loves you."

        Jeans voice cracked "Eren! Where is Marco?"

        "Jean, Marco is dead." I let him down calmly.

        I heard a faint 'oh my god' before the phone clicked and the room flooded with silence. I walked over to my living room and sat on a bean bag chair. I completely forgot about Levi picking me up, although he did show up, two hours later. I had a feeling that he already knew about Marco because he came up and hugged me instantly,  whispering in my ear, "I was caught in traffic. There was an accident involving your friend... I'm sorry." I sat there stiffly as Levi held me. I didn't talk, I just continued a conversation in my head. 

        How come people are always dying around me? They're just being picked off one by one. How come I actually feel a lot of sympathy for Jean? Why am I not talking to Levi? 

Whats wrong with me?

A.n

Sorry for killing off Marco.