Chapter 14

Flashback

        A little raven haired boy lies unconsciously in the trunk of an unknown car. A stinging pain dwelling inside his ribcage. The bumps on the road didn't help the severe pain in his chest. Although he was unconscious, he could still feel the pain throbbing from within. He slowly and gently flickered his eyes open. All he could see was pitch black. Eyes widened and breaths got shorter and shorter each second of the hurtful memory that he could remember. The deep crimson that was like splattered paint on a white canopy.

        The boy tried to move his arms. His movement was ceased the tight ropes that tied his hands behind his back. He tried to scream. The deathly screams were silenced by a disgusting, dirty rag that covered his mouth. It was almost tied so tight, he was barely gagging on it.

        The car came to a slow halt. Eventually the roaring engine stopped as well. He heard the click of a car trunk, followed by light that poured through the open trunk. Levi tried to scream for help once more. The tall man stood above him and stared at him with a smirk on his face.

        Levi had fear written across his face, and tears streaming down his cheeks. The man reached into his pocket and pulled out a Swiss army knife. Levi's eyes widened again. Levi wasn't himself, all he was now was fear and shock. His body shook so violently and his breath was cut short by the oncoming sobs. The man took the knife and cut the ropes around Levi's ankles. He proceeded to lift Levi out the trunk setting him on his feet, then slamming the trunk shut.

        The child's weak and fragile body collapsed onto the snowy ground. The older man pitted the child as he reached down and grabbed the child's arm. The man forcibly pulled Levi up by the arm and forced him to walk forward. Levi did as told. The man kept a hard grasp on the small arm, in case Levi would try to run. Levi didn't even dare think of running. Besides, he had nowhere to run to. He didn't know where he was. He could've been anywhere in France.

        Eventually the two reached their destination; a warehouse. The man knocked on the door in a synchronized way. The door was slowly opened from the inside and the two were welcomed in. The strong scent of wine lingered in the air. Levi examined his surroundings; a few unknown faces, an office in the far corner, and a ton of barrels, probably filled to the rim with wine. Levi felt the rag that stuffed his mouth being untied from behind his head. The rag slipped to the floor and Levi began breathing heavily. Trails of saliva dripped from the corners of his lips.

        The man still had a tight grasp on Levi. With his hand latched on the back of the child's neck, he led the child forward. They walked to the back corner of the warehouse where Levi previously saw a small office. The man eventually let go of the child and forcibly pushed him to the ground.

        Because Levi still had his hands tied, he wasn't able to catch his fall. The small porcelain face hit the floor. Levi felt a sharp edge of pain in his lower lip and his nose. Soon after, he tasted the strong taste of blood. He spit out the blood that filled his mouth. No matter how much he spit it out, blood continued to ooz from his lip and nose.The warm crimson liquid dripped off his face and formed a small puddle on the cement floor.

        A grim, husky chuckle came from the man. "The kid bit through his lip"

        The rest of the men laughed.

        Levi looked up to see the man and his partners standing around him laughing and pointing. Levi tried to swallow back tears, but instead swallowed blood. The taste and sight of his own blood made him want to throw up or pass out. He had never felt like this before, never. The emotions he was experiencing was so new to him. Levi was always a happy child; up until now. He felt mixed emotions of anguish, sadness, and pain that flamed inside him. Most of all, he felt....weak.