Chapter 17

A.n 

  "My name is Levi Rivalle. Raised by Kenny Ackerman; one of the most wanted criminals in France; a notorious killer, wanted for more than 1 first degree murder. Not only that, he's my uncle, and once was my only role model. Does that answer majority of the question?"

        I crossed my arms; no, it didn't answer the full question.

        "Why did you come to New York? Of all places?"

        "My uncle worked with several people around the world, Britain, Germany, Italy. One time he made me come with him to New York. I was 16, and I took a particular interest in art. New York and the art through the graffiti on the walls, made me interested in things such as art. 2 years later, poof-"

        He made an explosion gesture with his hands. "I found myself in New York. Living off of scraps"

        I nodded my head. Okay, now he answered the entire question.

        Levi uncomfortably looked away. "Look, kid. We have to get going. Do you remember what happened when you got kidnapped?"

        I slowly nodded. "Hanji and I were parked in an alleyway, and we were gonna go inside this restaurant and talk to the owner... after we got out-" My words froze at the memory of Hanji's death. I took a deep breath and exhaled. "These men came out of nowhere. They shot Hanji and I don't remember anything past that"

        "Did they come in a black car?"

        I nodded my head immediately at the memory of the black cars, "yeah they, did!"

        He put his hands up to his mouth, almost as if he was shocked. "We need to leave!"

        He grabbed my arm and pulled me till we walked through the front door. Another cold gust of air hit us. I looked over to Levi, every time he let out a breath a thin cloud of fog came out. His nose and cheeks were tinted with rosy hues of pink. We walked until we came up to a black car, similar to the one that followed Hanji and I. He pulled the door handle on the driver side of the car. I covered my ears, assuming the alarm would go off. Levi looked at me disappointingly.

        "The car alarm system is off, idiot"

        I pulled my hands away and set them by my waist. "Oh"

        Levi got inside the car. "Hop in, kid"

        I walked around the car to the passenger side. I opened the door and sat in the front passenger seat. Both doors slammed shut at the same time. I got as comfy as I could in the car. I looked over to Levi, who was starring at the steering wheel.

        "Levi, do you have the keys?"

        "Open the thing in front of you"

        I looked in front of me. In front was a small glove department. I opened it up and the first thing that fell out was a small, black handgun with a silencer attached. I gasped in shock as the weapon toppled to my feet.

        "Pick it up, you'll need it"

        I looked over to Levi, my mouth opened wide. I was terrified of this thing. Never once in my life had ever touched a gun, nor even thought of it. I knew my father had one, but that was his gun, and I always felt it was just none of my business to snoop.

        "No.. I can't"

        "Eren calm down. It's not going to hurt you, just don't point it at yourself and don't pull the trigger"