Part 1

'no he will come I know... ma he promised me?' swara says for the umpteenth time clutching her new born baby closer to her chest...

Shomi shook her head, frustrated now: swara he left... lets go home... why are you being stubborn... you have to except this swara... please...

Swara nodes no: you all are wrong he will come... he said that...

Shomi goes out of the room crying... can't see her like this...

Shekhar comes there... he placed his hand on her shoulder: shomi I have completed the formality... lets...

Shomi jerks her hand: its all because of you and your mother shekhar... I didn't come to you to marry you... you came... you assured that my swara will be your elder daughter like ragini... but you never consider that... never...

Shekhar looks at her with hurt and guilt: she is my daughter shomi... I ....

Shomi lashed out at him: oh please cut the crap... my daughter...

She banged her head on the wall regretting for everything... ragini was standing there as silent spectator... she looks at the small room of the hospital.... Not having enough courage to see her elder sister divastated...

**************************

Ragini looks at the mirror as shomi cover her head with the red dupatta... ragini: maa... can't you stay... I need you...

Shomi smiles a little: I am sorry beta... I have to go...

Ragini looks down... parvati gadodia who was till now seeing all this silently comes to them: why sharmishta... you can take leave whenever your granddaughter and daughter have to go hospital but can't take for my lado... and you say for you both are equal...

Ragini just whisper: dadi please...

Shomi smiles sarcastically: you already said it majee... my daughter and grand daughter have only me... and for your ragini there is her father and grand parents... I don't think I am needed....

Parvati: they are coming for shagun... what will we say... you were not there when they came before also...

Shomi lashed out: and if I don't go then my daughter's medicine will not come... you only said right? That you haven't open a charity...

Parvati shouts: yes I said... when daughters get married her responsibility is solely taken by her inlaws... your daughter can't satisfy her husbands and inlaws... and her husband abandoned her... we are not responsib....

"nooo..." all looks back only to see swara standing holding the door frame... she comes forward: dadi... he didn't abandoned me... he will come...

Parvati rolls her eyes: lo agayi pagal...

Shomi shouts: maajeee...(then looks at her daughter) swara why you come here? Where is guria? You shouldn't leave her alone...

Swara looks at her mother panickingly: ma... he will come na?

Shomi was about to say something when ragini comes to her: di... how I am looking?

Swara's mind diverts successfully as ragini wanted... she smiles brightly: you are looking so beautiful...

Swara cups her face... she takes out her last gold bangle and makes it wear raginu: when he will come I will give more...

Parvati shrieks: you bad omen... keep away from my lado...

Saying this she snatch ragini from swara's hand... ragini this time shouts: dadiiii....

Ragini shoves her hand and takes a blank swara ... both walks out of the room... shomi looks at parvati with disgust: how dare you majee...