Split

Ellie looked up at the monitor where the psychiatrist was talking to Bucky. His questions appeared normal, as he was analyzing Bucky's responses. Suddenly, the power cut out and the video and audio were lost. The lights went down. Ellie turned to the woman.

"Where is he?" She demanded.

"Sublevel 5, east wing."

Ellie raced out of the door, closely followed by Sam and Steve. They climbed down the stairs.

"Stay back, Ellie. There's no telling who's down there," Steve said.

"I don't give a damn," she retorted. They entered the sublevel, to see guards fallen all over the floor. No station was manned, they had all gone down.

"Help me," a weak voice came from the room where Bucky was being held. Steve spotted the psychiatrist laying on the floor. He went running in, picking him up and shoving him up against the wall. Ellie couldn't hear what he was saying. Sam went into the room, only to be swung at by Bucky. Immediately, they were fighting. Sam was flung up against the wall, hitting his head.

Bucky chased Steve, fighting the whole way. He pushed Steve up against the elevator doors, punching through them, sending Steve down the elevator shaft.

Ellie gasped, "Bucky."

He turned back to her, analyzing her. She saw a flash of recognition run through his eyes before he approached her quickly. 

"Get up," he ordered. His voice was even different. Darker, stronger, less caring. It wasn't Bucky in there. It was the Winter Soldier. "We're leaving." He grabbed her arm and pulled her up forcefully. The tight grip on her arm caused her to squeal in pain, but he didn't let up. He dragged her up the stairs and out into the hallway, there were soldiers waiting. He dropped Ellie to the ground before going at them.

"Bucky, Bucky STOP!" She yelled, but he kept beating them. Suddenly a sound wave crashed over their ears, causing him to fall to the ground, his hands over his ears. He turned in time to see Tony coming at him, the Winter Soldier pointed his gun at him and shot, but it was deflected.

The Winter Soldier sent Tony flying, followed by the two women who tried to stop him. Then T'Challa came. He fought him, punching T'Challa backward a few yards. The Winter Soldier took that chance to pull Ellie up and drag her up the stairs away from the fight. T'Challa came running and took another swing at him, and without even letting go of Ellie, the Winter Soldier fought back. He suddenly threw Ellie down the stairs causing her to yelp loudly with pain. He came down with T'Challa afterward. The Winter Soldier turned and picked up Ellie, but just as he did, he was kicked over the wall, Ellie crashing down on top of him.

Within seconds he was back on his feet, his persistence was insane. Ellie was pulled back up and into a stairwell, where she raced alongside him, partially being dragged, partially running alongside. Up and up they went relentlessly.

"Bucky, you have to stop this. It's madness," she said, pulling on his arm.

"Shut up," he said, as the reached the top. There was a helicopter there, and he threw Ellie into it, shutting the door behind her and getting in the pilots' seat.

At that moment, Ellie saw Steve enter the rooftop. She waved at him and yelled. The Winter Soldier covered her mouth and started the engine. He began to take off, when there was a loud thud and Steve had caught on to the helicopter, pulling it down. The Winter Soldier lifted his hand off of Ellie's mouth and used it to grip the throttle.

Steve managed to grab onto the railing at the edge of the building and he began to pull the helicopter back. Warning messages and sirens started going off inside the helicopter. The Winter Soldier looked back at Ellie before making a decision. He pushed the helicopter into the concrete building. It was shredded to pieces. The metal scraping sound filled Ellie's ears and she could focus on nothing else.