Aftermath

Ellie was led to a room where she was examined for injuries. She was then taken to a room where she could shower and change into the set of clothes that she had been handed. She washed up quickly and put on the outfit. It was a long, loose, light-blue dress that clung loosely to her curves. She looked up at herself in the mirror and sighed. She wondered if Bucky was okay.

There was a knock at the bathroom door. She opened it to reveal T'Challa, who had changed into more kingly clothing. 

"Come, follow me," he said.

She followed T'Challa around, familiarizing herself with the sights. The building they were in was bustling with people who were all focused on working with technology. It was an incredible sight.

"This is amazing," she breathed.

"I have something to show you," T'Challa said, leading her into a small hallway. She could hear the sound of children laughing. He motioned her into the doorway and Ellie looked in.

It was a large playroom with children of all ages being taken care of. Ellie smiled at the sight. It reminded her of Charlie and Ava playing together in Bucky's apartment.

"Why did you bring me here?" She asked, turning back to T'Challa.

"Look," he said. Ellie looked back in to see Charlie and Ava rounding the corner. Ellie gasped. They were safe. They spotted her and came running over. Ellie gathered them both in her arms, her eyes watering. She had been worried about them, wondering if she would be able to see them again.

"How did you managed to get them?" She asked, looking up at T'Challa.

"I said we were taking them in until you were found. They are under the care of the best women in Wakanda," he said. Ellie smiled and looked down at the kids. She stayed there with T'Challa for quite some time, playing with her siblings as they told her what they had done while she had been gone.

This was a whole new side of T'Challa that Ellie liked. He was a kind man, and he seemed to be a good king. He stood when someone entered the room, a courier of sorts.

"King T'Challa, they are done operating on Sergeant Barnes," the courier said. 

"What about Rogers?" T'challa asked.

"In his room, resting, my King." T'Challa nodded and thanked the man.

Ellie stood, watching as Ava ran off, Charlie chasing her. She turned to T'Challa.

"Can I see him?" She asked softly. He nodded. She exited the room quietly, not wanting to disturb her siblings' playtime. They went down the hall and up a few floors into a grey room. There were a few windows, looking outwards over the city.

Bucky was laying down in a large white bed, and Ellie approached him, sitting down on it. His face was scraped up, but he looked peaceful. He was going to be alright.

"I will leave you here," T'Challa said. Ellie nodded, her eyes never leaving Bucky's face. She heard the door shut, and they were alone. She placed her hand on his chest. He was in a pair of black pants, a new white tank top on his torso. She traced her fingers lightly up his chest and to his cheek.

Ellie leaned down and kissed his forehead, "I'm glad you're okay," she whispered.

She felt him stir, and his eyes flickered open.

"Ellie?" he asked.

"I'm right here," she said. She took his arm and kissed his hand gently.

"It's gone," he said. He looked down at where his metal arm used to be, "I got my wish, for this thing to get torn off."

"I supposed," Ellie replied. "I'll be right back with a nurse and Steve. We'll see if we can't get you out of those things." She pointed to the IV and the various machines that were monitoring his vitals.