Chapter 3

I looked in the mirror for what felt like the millionth time, a green dress clung tightly around my waist and slinked down to just above my knees. I matched it with a pair of black heels  and a huge fur coat. I sighed, lets do this.

-Earlier that day-

"So Evie, who was the totally hot blondie who stopped by to ask about you?" Vanity smirked as I walked through the door. Her voice already teasing 

My hair was windswept and tangled I quickly ran my fingers through it, my face turning a little red at the question. 

"Who Roger?" I scoffed casually

"Ohhh sexy name, so tell me. Did you guys... get it oonnnn?" she wiggled her eyebrows a Cheshire grin spreading across her face. I could feel myself blushing as my thoughts of Roger bombarded my brain again. Vanity was always like this, shamelessly teasing me and knowing I'd get embarrassed.  

"No. We didn't, he actually was just returning my jacket. I left it at band night. Plus you know I haven't been with anyone since, well since Paul"

"Honey" Vanity stepped toward me placing her hand on my cheek "Paul was nearly a year ago now. I know he treated you terribly and we all hate him for that. But you can't just hide forever. You need to get over him"

"I know, but all I can ever think about is him. I don't know if I could honestly ever trust a guy again after what he did" I sighed, folding the soft pair of flares in my hand

"I mean, he first of all slept with my bridesmaid and then left me at the Altar in front of everyone. Just as we were about to say I do. Who does that, what kind of sick, foul, evil shell of man must it tak-"

"Hey Hey Hey. Evie calm down love. Why don't you go into the back and work on something. I know that always relaxes you" She smiled softly.  Touching my arm lightly. 

I nodded my head and sighed, opening the door to our sewing room. The walls were covered with every type of fabric imaginable. Ranging from rough chords to silky white satin. An emerald green fabric gleamed in the bright sunshine coming through the stained glass window. I smiled and went over to it, I slowly ran my hands up and down it as I took it off of the rack. I rattled around in a nearby drawer and pulled out a design I had left there ages ago. It was a design that was flawless and it contained all my measurements. I looked at my pattern and looked at the long swooping lines of my pen and smiled a slow feeling of complete calm washing over me. I ran my hands over the soft satin and began to slowly cut into it, a satisfying snips sound rang through the air. I turned on the machine, the soft whir filling the warm air of the room. I began to hum a small tune, sewing my dream dress

A few hours later I was finished. I clapped my hands in happiness as the silky emerald dress swayed on a glittered hanger. The door creaked open behind me, I heard a gasp and turned to see Vanity with a huge smile on her face and a glint in her eye.

"So, you like it i guess?" I smirk at her

"Evelyn Lily. It is beautiful. This could be some of your best work" She sniffled, this was not a rare occurrence. Vanity cried at everything. 

"V?" I asked

"Yeah honey?" Vanity questioned

"Do you think i should wear it tonight? I kind of maybe have a date with the hot blondie that came by" I spluttered, she stared at me until I questioned "Vanity?"

"YOUHAVEADATE?!" She screamed "drop EVERYTHING we are having a makeover"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vanity rushed through her door, fumbling with her keys. Her brightly coloured living room spun in my eyes as she pulled me through her door. She ran through to her room and returned with her arms full of scissors, nail polish and straighteners. I stared at the roof, silk draped hanging gracefully as crystals adorned a nearby coffee table, incense burning in the corner. 

"Sit my gorgeous. You are about to become a QUEEN" her arms flourished in the air.

"Not too extreme V, I want my date to recognize me" I moaned

"Please darling, let the artist work. Just trust me"

Hours went by Vanity plucked my eyebrows, and gave me what she called her 'Vanity special' facial. I was slathered in lotions, potions and smelt like a floral garden. I was in an utter state if relaxation the soothing sounds of jazz drifting through the air. I sighed and smiled yet another lotion being smoothly spread across my face.

"OK sweetie, it's time for makeup" She grinned down at me.

She peeled the pieces of cucumbers from my eyelids and led me into her room. She pushed me down onto the stool of her vanity and draped a silk scarf over the mirror.

"No peeking until I am finished" I open my mouth to object "No,no,no. Let me work, trust me honey"

She softly ran brushes over my lids and my skin. Then finished by gently applying a thin layer of something to my lips. I heard a sniffle and my eyes shot open, I saw a proud look on her face as tears threatened to soak Vanity's cheek and I engulfed her in a huge bear hug.

"V? Whats wrong?" I asked "I don't look that bad do I?"

She sniffled "No, it's just. You look so beautiful. My best friend she is all grown up now. I am just so happy for you" She sniffed again "Now it's time for you to see my masterpiece"

She ripped the silk sheet from the vanity mirror. I stared at my reflection my mouth hanging open in disbelief

"Oh no, you hate it don't you?" Vanity said, her hands cupping her face 

"No, I love it" I giggled

My skin was glowing, I had a shimmer on my eyelid and a cat eye eyeliner. I had a coral blush coating my cheeks with matching eye shadow, making my blue eyes piercing . My hair cascaded down my back in perfect ringlets that swayed with every movement.

"Thank you V. I can't thank you enough." I stuttered

"Now the final touch, The dress!" She squealed excitedly

Vanity ran out of the room then returned with in 5 seconds holding the dress bag in her hand. She slowly unzipped the bag revealing the glinting dress, I ran my hands down the smooth bodice my fingers gently tugging at the hem

______________________________

Vanity had dropped me back at home after bursting into tears at the sight of me. I was nervously sitting on my balcony sipping a cup of tea. I heard a rap on my door as I drained the last drop of tea I quickly rushed to the mirror. 

I looked in the mirror for what felt like the millionth time, a green dress clung tightly around my waist and slinked down to just above my knees. I matched it with a pair of black heeled ankle books and a huge fur coat. I sighed, lets do this.

I opened the door, there he stood Roger Taylor with his mouth hanging wide open in surprise, he spoke

"Wow, you look beautiful"