Intro

This book is for ADULT (18+) AUDIENCES ONLY. It contains sexually explicit scenes, sexual violence, bondage, non-consensual sexual acts, and graphic language which may be considered offensive by some readers. In addition, this is a work of fiction. Names, characters, business, events, and incidents are the products of the author’s imagination. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. 

Copyright © 2021 Rachel Lux

All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced 
or used in any manner without the prior written permission of the copyright owner, 
except for the use of brief quotations in a book review. 

Cover photo “Bondage” https://www.flickr.com/photos/ladyv25/16334447525/in/faves-190030520@N04/,
 by Valentina Costi https://www.flickr.com/photos/ladyv25/,
 used under CC BY; https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/
 / Filter added to original

Dear Reader,

If you made it this far, chances are, you have some idea what you’re getting into. Maybe you saw the words “Dark Erotic Romance” and knew this book was for you. Hopefully, you read the warning in the book description. If so, you’re in good company. If not, beware. This book contains considerable sexual violence. It’s dark. It’s extremely kinky and smutty. The romance is not warm and fuzzy. Even if you like this kind of fiction, you may find some aspects of it upsetting, or at least uncomfortable. If you are easily distressed by such things, I suggest you read no further.
I wrote this book as an exploration of some of my own darkest fantasies, and the fantasies I’ve seen—and enjoyed—in the writings of women. Fantasies that have, admittedly, tormented me with shame for many years. In fact, my decision to publish this book was delayed considerably by that shame, and by my keen feeling of responsibility as a creator. 

I am a female, living in a world marked by sexual exploitation, sexism, and misogyny, and I am crisply aware of how this story participates in the current dialogue surrounding those issues—issues I take very seriously. 

So first, let me say the obvious. This is a work of fantasy. I do not support rape, sexual slavery, or the abuse of women in any form. Nor of any other people or creatures. I do, however, support the exploration of sexual fantasy through art, and—with consent, compassion, and safety for all parties—through role play, BDSM, kink, and any form of intimacy that is mutually beneficial to the participants. Our fantasies have a lot to teach us about ourselves and our world, and we can only benefit by knowing ourselves better through them. Writing this book helped me to understand and accept parts of myself I was at odds with for most of my life. 
It was also highly exciting to write and is meant to be exciting to read. In addition, it is written specifically to leave room for the reader to be a participant—assuming that the reader is willing to identify with the female protagonist. This is why you will see no descriptions of the protagonist’s appearance, nor ever learn her name. You’re meant to imagine yourself in her place—if you dare!

So, as you enter this dark erotic tale, I urge you to set aside self-judgment (if you haven’t already). Have fun. Peer into the darkness and find the beauty in it. Or simply marvel over the morbidity of the human experience. Let yourself love a monster. Let yourself be the monster, just for the time that you’re here with the words on these pages. 

And know that doing so doesn’t make you one in real life. 

Much Love,

R.M.L.