Prologue

War is something the people in the UNSC know all to well. These were fought for many reasons though, unlike one war where it was fought not for honor, land,or resources. It was for the most basic right the right to live and survive as the covenant a group of fanatic religious species attempted to wipe out all of humanity, for it was the will of their gods. The covenant killed over billions of lives during their genocide campaign. No one was safe from their ruthlessness. Still the brave men and women of the UNSC fought on with great courage and determination against overwhelming odds to ensure that humanity can survive. During the conflict many withing the UNSC became symbols of hope and showed that the covenant can be beaten. Like Colonel Akono Menteith of the 53rd armored division whose speech became a symbol to the UNSC.

"Let no one here question our place in human history. That we are here right now is not coincidence or accident. It is our fate. And this war, our birthright — our legacy. Our generation was born to fight the Covenant, and you, my fellow soldiers - were born for this very day. Today the enemy will hear the roar of humanity. And they will fear us."

That they did as the Colonel lead UNSC forces deep within enemy territory and with the aid of a pair of havoc tactical nukes would wipe out three of the Covenant staging areas ever encountered. There were no survivors of the 53rd armored division but one thing was certain. The covenant saw first hand  the capacity of the Human spirit and their unwillingness to accept defeat. As well another great hero was Admiral Preston Cole who lead the UNSC forces against the covenant on every world they attacked stopping them at the cost of many of his ships and theirs. Cole's resolve has gotten back harvest, but after 5 brutal years of fighting on and off the planet. As well his last stand where he took out 300 covenant ships when he detonating a stellar collapse where his ship the Everest was last seen. This was a victory at the cost of one of the best tactical minds in the UNSC who stood between death and annihilation. Miranda Keyes laid down her own life for a fellow soldier as she showed the same strength as her father who did everything in his power to prevent the flood form attaining anything that would spell doom for the UNSC. Sargent Johnson who fought with the Master chief to the very end until being killed by 343 guilty Sparks during the chief's activation of halo. His sacrifice help the Chief destroy guilty Sparks and end the battle against the flood one final time. Of course there was the legendary master chief John 117 who would risk death multiple times risking his own life for all humanity repeatedly in the battle field. For no glory or need for fanfare. As well one Spartan who many withing the UNSC have seen him to be among the heroes of the UNSC and saying that he is their savior.

Spartan-167 Y/n was the definition of a true soldier. For he was very lethal and quick on his feet. When he was a kid. He was a little stronger,faster and his perceptions was more than any normal kid at his age. The thing that made him stand out from the rest of his fellow Spartans. Was that during the program he still retain of who he is and not molded into what they wanted. Still over time he can't recall his family only his mother was a very caring, as his father by one quote that he took to heart. As he can try to remember his father was a Veteran.

"A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."

During the Insurrection War, Y/n has always put his life on the line to protect civilians and his fellow soldiers. Then when the covenant attacked Y/n was always the first to charge into battle and the last out. As well he isn't shy of showing his face and name to his fellow soldiers,and talked to them. The same could be said for the civilians. It was noted by the soldiers who served under Y/n. That when they lost hope he would come to them and says a few words that ignited the fire that gave them the strength to fight. Sure there were some ODSTs and other people who said that he was a ONI freak. But they were outnumber by those who support him. As his acts of saving as many civilians from the covenant has made the Higher ups especially a certain marine general brought him to them.

As they questions of his actions why he does them he says to them.

Y/n: It's simple sir. I'm a soldier a Spartan. I swore to defend humanity no matter the cost. I know I can't save everyone but that doesn't mean I can save those I can. Most important I'm human and no one can take that away from me. I will keep on fighting to not just protect the civilians but my fellow soldiers to make sure they can have a future. Even if it means my death then, I would gladly make that sacrifice.

His little speech moved the hearts and minds of Highcom except for ONI for obvious reasons. He soon found out thanks to General Hogan of the Marine Corps that he was given the rank of Brigadier General of the UNSC Marines. When he asked why he was given the rank. The general smile as he replied that he is the example of what a true marine should be. A soldier who puts the needs of many over his own. As he continue to serve with distinction through the rest of the war. During the Final battle where he shielded a fellow soldier from a spiker round that pierced his armor which was pierce one of his lungs.When the order came to evacuate he told the men and women under this command to go. As they try to get him to leave with them. He told them that he won't make it with the injury he has. They regretfully left after giving him one last true soldier's salute. Now Y/n after seeing the last ship leave he began to lie down near a tree after killing off the last brute.

Y/n: I guess this is it. At least we won *cough* I know the UNSC and humanity are safe. They will rebuild and be stronger than before.

As the halo fire. He close his eyes accepting his fate. But unknown to him a forerunner AI manage to get him out of the blast in a light he vanish.

A few years later on the planet of Sigma Octavis Four.

The Planet of Sigma Octavis Four a large crowd of people all gather around a statue of a Spartan who gave them hope during their darkest hours.  Since when the city was rebuilt in the center they out a Statue of a Spartan holding his helmet on his right side while saluting with the other as his face out to see. This was to honor Y/n since many of the settlers were the kids,teens or veterans who were saved or knew him. As under it was a plaque that says.

" Spartan-167 is the definition of a Hero. Even when he doesn't speak the whole world speaks for him. For his actions has given hope for all of us."

"This is to remember him and those who lived and died to defend humanity.
Heroes never die."

In a unknown facility

Y/n was submerge in a tank with a respirator as the liquid in the tank was healing and repairing damage on his tissue. A voice says.

??: Reclaimer. When you recover there is so much we need to talk about. As well I hope this action can help me redeem myself for what I have done. Betraying my creators to the flood.