Too Late

A/N: Ok so this chapter represents my absolute WORST nightmare which is Keefe killing himself. Anyway, after reading many fanfics I got a bit irritated that's it's always the girls breaking down. (for example Sophie, Annabeth, Piper, etc.) So I wanted to make a REALLY depressing one-shot that shows my worst fear 'cause...I'm bored. Anyway, I'm gonna warn u that this chapter is disturbing and may be triggering to some because of the sensitive topic of suicide. This topic is one that I was personally very familiar with and still am just a tiny bit, but I'm happy to say that for the most part, I am very happy. I have wonderful friends, family, and...BOOKS!!!! Oh and I promise this ends Sokeefe. And yes I wrote that Sofitz crap. *pats herself on the back* And um I hope this doesn't make you cry cause I cried writing this and um ya. Without further ado, I'm gonna let u read the chapter.

Sophie's POV

"Fitz stop!" I say laughing and lightly punching his arm as he continues to tickle me. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Edaline looking at us with that horrific "they are SO cute!!!" look.

"Seriously Fitz stop!" I say continuing to laugh.

"Make me," He says smirking (THIS IS SO PAINFUL TO WRITE CAUSE IT'S SOFITZ AND SMIRKING IS KEEFE'S THING)

I roll my eyes as I realize what he is suggesting.

"Fine," I say leaning in and pecking his soft pink lips.

"Oh no you don't." He says continuing to tickle me.

"What do you want!" I say still uncontrollably laughing.

"I don't only want a peck," He says lifting me off the couch and putting me on his lap.

"You are so beautiful Sophie." He says pulling my face closer to his so that we are nose to nose. My breath catches as he softly takes a piece of my hair and tucks it behind my ear. Then suddenly he pulls me even closer and starts to kiss me. I feel my Imparter vibrate but I ignore it as I am too focused on the kiss.

"MALLOWMELT!" I hear Edaline yell from the kitchen after a few minutes. I quickly break the kiss and start to run towards the kitchen as fast as my clumsy legs let me. Even with the 3-second head start I got Fitz still managed to beat me to the kitchen. As we quickly sit down and start to gobble up some Mallowmelt I realize that Edaline is just staring at us smiling. When she notices that I caught her she quickly asks, "I heard your Imparter a few minutes ago. Don't you want to check to see who it is?" She gently asks.

I quickly remember that moment and feel my cheeks heat up. I get my Imparter and see that it was from Keefe. I'll call him back in a few minutes.

"It was Keefe," I announce.

"Oh, I completely forgot about him." Fitz guiltily says.

"Last time I talked to him was..." he pauses to think about it. "Oh my 3 weeks ago...I'm a horrible best friend. How has he been dealing with his father?"

"Fitz I'm sure he's fine. If we visited him would it make you feel better?"

"Yeah I guess"

"Okay then let's finish up our Mallowmelt and then head over."

"Okay, that sounds good except...how are we going to get there?" That was a good point. I didn't have the leaping crystal to the Shores of Solace, and since it was a private property we couldn't get there with a Leapmaster.

"Right...Okay, let's call him back and see if he wants to visit." I say pulling out my Imparter and finding Keefe's name.

"Well, he didn't answer..." I say after a minute. As much as I didn't want to admit it this was unlike him. He always answered, and if he didn't then he called back within the next 15 minutes.