III : LETHAL BEAUTY

CHAPTER THREELETHAL BEAUTY, FLAWED( perfectly imperfect ! )

CHAPTER THREE
LETHAL BEAUTY, FLAWED
( perfectly imperfect ! )

THERE BROOKLYN STOOD, before the fire place, her arms crossed, faced with five's almighty painting, which her eyes scanned recklessly. she looked at the way his body was sprawled across the couch, the way his hair were styled, the grim yet confident expression of his face, the jawline that she swore could cut ice.

"nice to know dad didn't forget me" a voice bounced on the empty walls of the house, returning to pierce themselves into her ears. brooklyn didn't even flinch, gaze still trained above the fireplace and a blank facade plastered on her otherwise beautiful and lively face.

"nor did i" she muttered grimly, lowering her calm facade for a hot minute. but, in that minute, she looked vulnerable, like the broken girl she truly was at heart. her actions didn't go unnoticed by five, whose heart clenched watching her suffer — though he made no comment.

"read vanya's book by the way. found it in a library that was still standing. she went really harsh on you brook" he mentioned, his voice dangerously low, as he turned to look at the girl he loved. his eyes swept through her face, while he gulped at the sight of her.

"yeah. pretty ballsy what she did. giving up the family secrets. but, i got lucky. the secrets of mine that she unraveled — they were of minimal to zero importance" the girl stated back at her stone cold self, now staring at the captivating blueish green eyes that she grew to love so much.

"sure that went over well. you know with the others" the boy chuckled at his own statement, his gaze mildly shifting to the floor then back at her face to look upon it restlessly.

"they hate her. have hated her for quite a while. but, i could never bring myself to hate her. as cold and cruel i would get, i just couldn't stay mad at her — at any of them" the strawberry blonde softly told him, twiddling her fingers silently on her lap.

"that's sweet of you. why the sudden special treatment? thought you became void of emotion?" five questioned, quirking an eyebrow at her, his eyes bored into hers.

"they're my siblings i could never hate them. no matter what they did, no matter what they will do, i grew up with these dumbasses and i would never forgive myself if any of them got hurt" brooklyn admitted heartily, her gaze intensely piercing onto his own.

"oh, there are worse things that could happen than a couple of fight bruises if that's what you mean" the raven haired male claimed, a deep meaning stitched onto his stoic words. he ran a hand through his hair, his tensed shoulders finally relaxing.