X : DAYDREAMING

CHAPTER TENDAYDREAMING,( of reality ? )

CHAPTER TEN
DAYDREAMING,
( of reality ? )

WITH A SUDDEN JOLT,
brooklyn landed onto the hard wooden floor. a small
'humph' left her lips and a groan after that. she, hastily, forced herself off the floor and dusted herself off.

'hold up, floor ?' she wondered with a crooked expression and her eyebrows slightly furrowed. her knees were a bit wobbly but that didn't stop her any.

the girl snapped her head around in confusion. last she remembered, she was in the middle of practically nowhere, by the riverside, talking to her.. mother.

oh, her mother. why of course it had been her mother that knocked her in this dreamscape. it didn't take her long to realize she was far from reality. she was trapped in her own mind and her mother had sealed the gateway that led back to consciousness.

with a daring look around, the girl knitted her eyebrows together even more so. her surroundings were oddly familiar. the wooden floor, the small windows that emitted tiny rays of sunlight, the plain wardrobe, a worn out dresser and a desk, all framed by lightning strikes.

her eyes, then landed on the bed. a soft fluffy bed with a soft lilac color that the girl used to adore. she noticed the stuffed animals lined up in front of her, just like she would have liked it to be. and whatever was left of her conscious, hit her like a ton of bricks.

she was daydreaming of reality. her room in the umbrella academy mansion, back in the old days — when she herself inhabited it. her belongings were sprawled everywhere, making her room seem so messy and disheveled — something that brought a smile to her face for old times' sake.

with gentle footsteps, she took some slow, cautious steps towards the desk. she let her fingers slide through the many papers that covered its' surface. her eyes lightly scanned the content of each.

a letter from five, that he had passed to her one day at breakfast. a note from diego thanking her for her services in training — that one time he had accepted her help. a stray piece of paper, passed on to her by klaus and ben who, in the middle of one of their infamous disagreements, they had asked her to voice her opinion.

brooklyn shook her head with the softest of grins encasing her face after many, many years. she moved to sit on her bed and her smile spread even more so when she felt it dip under her weight just like old times, due to the mattress' soft and welcoming material.

with a small squeal of joy, she threw her legs up against the wall and hung her head from the side of the bed, just how she liked it. her long, luscious strawberry blonde hair, cascaded down to the floor, messily laying there, beautifully.