IV : SWEET BUT PSYCHO

CHAPTER FOURSWEET, BUT PSYCHO( the story of a numb girl ! )

CHAPTER FOUR
SWEET, BUT PSYCHO
( the story of a numb girl ! )

"THE KID WANTS COFFEE. BLACK." five demanded, a blank expression on his face, only for brooklyn to nudge him on the side. an action to which the boy muttered a small 'ouch' turning to look at the blonde beside him. she glared at him, encouraging him to act nice. in return, a forced smile danced on his lips.

"cute kid" the lady behind the counter, smiled awkwardly, tension lingered in the air. her eyes shifted between the older man beside them and brooklyn who was yet to order.

"i'll take coffee as well, but could you please perhaps add in a tiny bit of sugar?" the girl asks sickly sweet, her brilliant, bright stormy eyes sparkled and a smile adorned her features, showing off her pearly white teeth.

"why of course! you're such a darling" the waitress exclaimed happily, a caring expression on her tired, yet joyful face, as she sauntered further into the kitchen. brooklyn's shoulders relaxed slightly and she leaned on the table shortly.

"how do you do it?" five questioned in confusion, yet a tint of admiration and smugness in his tone. he raised his eyebrows and knitted them together, while a small barely visible smirk twitched at the corners of his lips.

"it's called politeness — and i'm still mad at you, remember old timer?" the blonde retorted in a hushed whisper, staring intensely his way. her strong gaze made him falter as he remember the girl for what she truly was.

she was a strong-willed, quick-witted, ambitious, cunning, selfless yet ruthless, caring, funny though vicious, sarcastic, ironic, intelligent, adaptable leader whose temper could put an end to anyone's life in an instance. she was beautifully broken but sweet. she was a fighter.

"don't remember this place being such a shithole. i used to come here as a kid. used to sneak out with my brothers and sisters — and you" he paused to gesture towards brooklyn "— and eat doughnuts till we puked. simpler times, huh?"

"eh, i suppose" the man from beside them responded. brooklyn facepalmed internally at five's antics. he was getting creepier by the minute, seemingly forgetting how he was trapped in his old body again. if it was his best attempt to change the conversation, then it surely hadn't been good enough.

from the background, the waitress clears her throat gently, drawing attention to herself and the things she held in her hand. "here" she murmured uncomfortably, catching brooklyn's gaze and relaxing a little bit.

"i got theirs" the man answered gladly at the woman, pulling out money from his pockets and offering it to her. his gaze scanned the blonde girl thoroughly, something seemed oddly familiar about her — but he had been dismissive.