Chapter 5

Ben

"Alright, I'm coming! I'm co-" I heard Joe yelling from the hotel room, but he freezed the second he saw me standing the other side of the door. "Ben..." he stared at me.

"H-hi Joe.." I stuttered. "Uhm.. may I come in?" I asked.

"Ben, this is your room too, you don't need my permission."

"Yes, okay, you're right, sorry"

Joe raised his eyebrows. "You don't have to apologize either."

"Right, sor-... Right."

I finally entered the room, and Joe closed the door behind me. For two minutes we stood there in absolute silence. I felt Joe's gaze on my back. It was extremly awkward. I had to do something.

"So-" we said simultaneously.

"Sorry, you go first." I said, but he shook his head.

"No, no, you go first. What is it?"

"Fine. So the thing is... I was thinking. I mean it was literally fifteen minutes ago when you just dumped me and left, but-"

"Ben, we've talked about this..." he cut me off, but I continued.

"Please, just hear me out, okay? Please" I asked. He looked at me in the eyes. I couldn't read his face. He showed no emotions. But then his expressions softened. He sighed.

"Sure, go on then."

"Thank you. So. As I was saying, I was thinking a lot lately. I know what you think about this. You made it very clear. But I also know that you're in denial. I know that you feel what I feel. Your brain says that this is just a fling, but I know your heart says something else. And this time you should listen to your heart."

"I wish it would be that easy!" he snapped.

"Why can't it be?"

"It's- It's just not, okay?"

"No, it's not okay!" I yelled.

"What the hell do you expect me to do then, ha?"

"What I want is you to give this a chance! You're rejecting this because you're scared! I want you to let me show you that there's no reason for that."

"I have like a million reasons why I should be scared!"

"No, Joe. You don't. You're making up those things in your mind, so you don't have to face the truth. You keep building up walls and pushing me away while I'm only trying to help. You're denying your feeling so you won't have to get out of your comfort zone. I understand your fear. It's your nature. But if you could only let me help you, I could made you understand that there is nothing to be afraid of."

"How?" Joe whispered.

I stucked here for a moment. I actually didn't think that I would get this far, so I didn't had an actual plan. But then an idea crossed my mind.

"How about this? Give me one day. Only one day with me, and I will made you change your mind. It's gonna be the perfect date. And at the end of the day, the decision is yours. If you'll still think it's just some kind of fling, I'll drop this. We'll stay friends, and I'll never try again. But if I can convince you of the opposite... well, we'll see about that. So... what do you say?" I asked, afraid.

"So..if I say no..."

"I'll leave you alone. I swear." I promised.

"Fine. One day. When?" He asked.

"What day is it today?

"Thursday" Joe answered.

"Perfect. Then we'll go on saturday morning. Is that alright?"

"Yes, fine. I guess..."

Saturday

"Can you please finally tell me where are we going?" Joe asked.

"Patience" I said, apparently making him more nervous. "Hey, Joe, please calm down. You're sitting there like you think I'm about to kidnap you." I laughed, not taking my eyes off the road.

"That's not true. I just want to know where are you taking me. That's all." He sighed, still frustrated.

"Five minutes and we're there, okay? You're gonna love it. I promise."

"If you say so..."

And I was right. Exactly five minutes later we reached our destination, so I stopped the car. The place where I was taking Joe is a little house on the outer part of the forest. It's my parents weekend house, but they let me borrow it for today. They were curious about why I needed it, but I told them it's a secret for now, and that I'll tell them later. My mom probably thinks I'm taking some girl out here. Well, not really.

"What is this place?" Joe turned to me when he got out of the car, and shut the door.

"It belongs to my parents." I answered. "They used to come down here every weekend. They still do, but not that often. They use it only once in a month now."

"Aham..." he nodded. "So.. you did not took me here to kill me or something, right?" he asked, with an adorable smile on his face.

"Well, it wasn't my original plan, but with you showing that kind of behavior... who knows?" I teased him, and now he started laughing. "Okay, lets go inside, it's cold out here."

"Good fuckin' idea, im freezing!" he said.

I headed to the front door, and started to look for my keys in my pocket. As soon as I found 'em I opened the door, and I let Joe go in first. He went in and then looked back at me and said: "The perfect english gentleman. Wow. I'm impressed!"

"Haha, very funny Joe. Shut up!" I joked and it made him smile. Damn, I love his smile.

"Uuhm, excuse me? That is not how you should treat your date!"

"Oh, really?" I asked, laughing. "So you admit thats this is a date?"

"I have no other choice. You forced me to do this." Said Joe, while taking off his jacket and throwing it in my face.

"Well, first of all, I did not force you Joseph, you agreed to do this, and second of all... I regretted it already." Said I, throwing his jacket back at him.

"I'm sorry to hear that. In that case, I should just leave, shouldn't I?" He smirked, and walked to the front door. He was about to open it, but I dragged his hand and pinched him to the wall.

"You're not going anywhere..." I said, deeply dived in his light green eyes.

"Stop me...I dare you.." He looked back at me.

"Challenge accepted..." I responded, then locking my lips on his. He grabbed my waist and pulled me closer while my hands wandered in his messy hair. The moment was just so perfect. Nothing could've ruin it. Nothing.

Joe

"How did you do this?" I was laying on top of him, his hands circling on my back.

"How did I do what?"

"What I said the other day. I meant it. Then. But now? You made me change my mind, and all you did was taking me here, in the middle of nowhere. I don't understand.." I laughed.

"Lets just say, I'm talented in getting what I want." He answered, and although I didn't see his face, I knew he was grinning.

"I'm sure as hell you are."

"It's late, don't you think?" he asked. "We should go home."

"Maybe. Or maybe we could stay here for the night. It's sunday tomorrow anyway."

"Alright." He agreed, and placed a small kiss on my forehead.

"G'night Ben."

"Night Joe."