Request from the other side

The Japanese man felt the tension in the air. Could cut it with a knife. 

Kiku narrowed his eyes as he looked around at the others sitting at the large table; all of the countries seemed on edge, for a purpose none of them knew. Alfred, America's personification, was rather uptight as he spoke to the men around the table. The English man, Arthur, tapped his finger on the table and feet on the ground subconsciously as he sipped tea. Francis sat with his arms folded across his French chest and muttered argumentatively. Ivan the Russian man sat in a cold silence as he listened to Yao speak to him in Chinese, his own native language. Kiku couldn't make out what they were saying, the German accent of Ludwig echoed just a bit louder around the room than normal as he yelled at the fiddling Italian sitting meekly beside him. 

"We do not have time for that now Feliciano! There is nobody but your reflection in the mirror!"

The Italian whimpered and replied, "But I looked different, and scary!" he glanced at the large mirror standing graciously at the end of the conference room. Alfred then jutted in on their conversation,

"Dude, you should totally not let it bother you! It's just your reflection bro!"

Kiku looked over at his friends and said, "Italy-san, I agree with America-", before promptly getting cut off by the sound of a cocking rifle, alongside the glare of the Swiss nation, Basch, burning into his back. 

The 'meeting' went on longer, slowly dissolving into an increasing argument as more nations joined, utterly loosing its original purpose, leaving Feliciano to sulk in his chair as others argued over his head. The argument went on, voices picking up and getting louder and louder, until a clear shout sounded through the room, breaking the argument.

"Hey! If all of you are going to argue over something so irrelevant, do it in your own time." Arthur sighed and looked down at his silver watch. "Why don't we all take a break now so you gits can calm down?" 

Nations across the room opened their mouths to protest, but ended up just closing them again and placing away any of their papers strewn on the table. The Brit who had yelled walked over to a comfier chair close to the large window on the far side of the room after grabbing a small biscuit off of the refreshment table; then opened a notebook and began writing something down from another sheet he lay out over his crossed knee. Kiku smiled lightly as he himself stood up. There were not many nations here today, so it wasn't as chaotic as normal, but although many of them would not admit it, they needed the old and prideful English nation to keep them sane.

After a short while the tension of the previous argument was gone, and most nations stood on one end of the room, closest to the snack table. The snack table, which even though there were the literal personifications of many different countries present; was likely the most diverse thing in the room. 

People were calmer, and talked quietly in small groups with one another. Even though it was not a world meeting, this meeting of nations could get pretty loud, Kiku thought, as he sat unobtrusively with Greece and Turkey. They talked with each other of problems in their own countries, and then managed to trace their current problems back to something that the other did thousands of years ago, and attempted to place blame. Kiku simply sipped his drink and closed his eyes; listening to the hum of melding accents from the voices surrounding him.

Until a scream pierced the air.

Japan turned to see Feliciano crouching behind Ludwig, the German man simply confused at what had just happened to the Italian in a simple second. Kiku sighed at the common occurrence and was going to turn and sit comfortably again when the room went quiet. All eyes were fixed on the end of the room, and to the rippling mirror that stood there.

And the man that had just walked through it.

Silence shattered conversations. The only voice was Italy's, and he said quietly, "G-Germany. T-that was the man I s-saw in the mirror earlier."

__________________________________________________________

The man strode into the room, looking around him with a sense of pleasure. He looked just like Italy, but his hair seemed almost a wine colour, and his eyes were very open, and coloured red. He wore a frown that seemed to toy with happiness, and twirled a knife in between his fingers. Opposite to the cowering man across the room to him. He stopped and tilted his head, smiled, and then spoke in an identical voice to Feliciano's. 

"Hello there. I have come with a request."

Suddenly Arthur was stood in front of him, sliding out a dagger from his waistcoat pocket. The presence of magic clung to the air around him, and he gave the man a grave stare that sent dread to the pits of other nation's stomachs. The others were struck, dumbfounded, most unable to do anything, some managing to pull out a gun and aim with an unsteady hand. But England stood unwaveringly, poising the dagger. 

"Why are you here, Luciano?"

Luciano smiled as the nation said his name, "Arthur, well you see, I'm here for you."

Arthur tensed and snarled at another man who walked through the mirror. One identical to him, however he had pink hair, freckles splashed on the top of this cheeks, and eyes that shone bright blue like lapis lazuli gemstones. And grinned like a Cheshire cat, but the grin seemed cold, crazy, and yet threatening. 

"Hullo Arthur! Long time no see!" he looked on to the countries who had taken a scared and uncertain semi-circle behind the English nation, smiling. "I'm Oliver, I hope we can get along!" Then his expression changed into a sly but seemingly more sincere smile, and he narrowed his eyes and focused on Arthur again. 

"We need your magic, to put it simply. We wish to change our world for the better, seeing as we can't overrun this one, and we need magic to do so." 

Arthur growled at them, "You have your own magic, Oliver." 

Oliver laughed, but then looked down at his hand. "Ah, but you posses a type of magic that I do not, darling." a flicker of shadow swirled around his fingers for a second. 

Luciano spoke again as he saw Arthur's hand tighten on the dagger he held. 

"Oh no, we aren't going to steal your magic, simply run a few tests; and Oliver will analyse and copy it." 

He smiled innocently, but his red eyes only gave the look a frightening effect. 

"What on earth is wrong with you; if you are assuming that I'm just going to go along with it." Arthur replied, but Luciano's returning grin was none too reassuring.

"I was hoping you would say that! Because you see," he narrowed his eyes, an evil expression taking form on his features. 

",you don't really have much of a choice."

The snap that came from Luciano's fingertips sounded loudly around the silent room.