Explanations and Reassurance

A few minutes later, the nations in the room were talking quietly amongst themselves. It had been decided that this would not be fully public, but a few other nations that were not already in the room had been called to come, to be given an explanation, because maybe they would become a part of this. Three among the nations called were England's brothers.

England himself finally stood from where he knelt; Peter had calmed down completely, and had fallen asleep to Arthur's rocking. Arthur picked him up, and walked a few steps forward, addressing the crowd.

"Finland, or Sweden?" he asked, his voice loud enough to be heard by the hushed crowd, but not enough as to wake the boy in his arms. Tino stepped through the crowd with Berwald behind him. The Finnish man reached Arthur, and Tino smiled softly at him, and then his eyes fell to Peter. The tall Swedish man behind Tino regarded Arthur coldly with deep blue eyes behind thin rimmed glasses, but Arthur knew that there was no resentment within him as Berwald nodded.

"Will you two take him? He has always preferred you to care for him," Arthur asked Tino and Berwald in a low voice. ",and I have always believed that you did better for him than me anyway."

Tino nodded and softly took Peter from Arthur's arms. Although Tino was short, around the same height as Arthur, and had a soft and caring personality; he was incredibly strong, Finland being the strongest of the Nordic countries. It sometimes threw people off when he used his strength so simply.

"Be careful." Tino said to Arthur, with a meaningful look in his grey-blue eyes. The he stepped back through the crowd, taking Peter somewhere safer.

Just before they disappeared, Berwald stopped.

"You should not be so hard on yourself, Arthur."

His voice was low, and yet soft, with a gruff and toned sound to it. He did not speak much, so it was unusual.

Berwald then tipped his head, and walked after Tino. Arthur stared after him for a moment, before turning around stepping towards Oliver and Luciano again, who were conversing between themselves.

"Leave this world now." he declared as they faced him. Luciano gave a wink, and stepped towards the mirror.

"Ve, we were just going." he smiled at Arthur; another smile without warmth.

Oliver stepped towards the mirror also, but Arthur grabbed his arm. The pink-haired and blue-eyed man stopped and turned toward Arthur.

"What is it?"

Arthur paused, letting go of Oliver's arm.

"Can you, uh, just-"

Oliver cut him off when he put his hand on Arthur's shoulder.

"Tommorow morning, this mirror. I'll send someone to come for you. You'll know who they are."

Arthur's chest flooded with relief.

"What time?"

"Don't know yet!" Oliver gave a light chuckle, and smiled as he turned. "I'll see you sometime in the future, darlings!" He added cheerfully before winking back at the crowd, and at Arthur. Oliver then stepped through the rippling mirror after Luciano.

_______________________

Arthur stared into the mirror blankly, not realising that he was staring at his reflection until Francis walked forward and softly placed his hand on Arthur's shoulder. Arthur flinched slightly at the light touch, but zoned back in to see a collection of concerned or confused nations staring back at him in the large mirror. He shook his head and sighed, then rolled his shoulder to push Francis off. He gave the mirror a last glance before swivling around.