George Weasley- 'Don't Deny It' Part 1

It wasn't that Kallie hated her body, it was more that she was more comfortable with it when it was under a considerable number of baggy layers of clothing that would hide every little imperfection someone could find on her; each and every one, from the way her hips were wider than most and her stomach was far from flat to the way her thighs rubbed together as she walked or the fact she was just bigger than most girls. Plain and simple, that was it, she was just bigger. She wasn't particularly tall, and, to be frank, she wasn't all that fat. She was chubby, like a cute little chibi or adorable, smiling baby.

If she so much as mentioned her weight to anyone she'd be told it was just "baby fat, it'd be gone soon enough", and up until the age of about twelve a small part of her believed them. However, when she hit twelve she met the Draco Malfoy of her year, Seth Pasman, Slytherin's notorious bully and all-round not very nice boy, and so began the teasing. She hated it but she was too scared to stand up for herself and too awkward to tell anyone about it, and so it continued until one day Pasman took it too far...

Kallie was leaving her third year potions class, her books in hand and a small smile on her face- Professor Snape had just congratulated her on a perfect potions essay. The girl was walking along the corridor, keeping to the side, out of everybody's way when Seth Pasman grabbed her, pushing her against the wall she was by.

"Oi, whale!" he hissed at her, "What are you doing inside, did you forget your way to the ocean?"

The little clique Seth had accumulated over the past three years sniggered behind him as Kallie stared blankly at him, she was too smart to talk back and too upset to be nice to him, but either way she'd always try.

"Sorry, Seth, I didn't know I was in the way." she apologised, looking down at her feet, trying to give the group of sniggering Slytherins a small smile.

"Ha! You don't know much, do you *****? You should just die." he spat at her. This is the moment I would like you to imagine that that particular five letter word was idiot, rather than the five letter word it actually was. Although cruel, idiot isn't quite as bad as what came out of Seth's mouth; or for that matter, what then came out of Kallie's.

"Seth, darling, if I wanted to die I would have jumped from your ego down to your IQ a long time ago." She smiled innocently at him before nodding her head a little, "Yeah, that'd do the trick."

From behind the group of snarky Slytherins came laughing and then two redheads appeared, Kallie recognised them as the troublemakers of her year, the Weasley twins, Fred and George. They walked over to the little gathering, smiling at the shocked Hufflepuff girl and glaring at the Slytherins; they pushed through the crowd and smiled at her.

"We like you, you're funny, come with us." One of the twins- who she later discovered to be George- said to her and they lead her away, glancing back only to say, "She's under our wing now, got it Pasman?"

When she hit sixteen, the time at which the bulk of this story takes place that scared, awkward girl had blossomed into a kind, shy young woman- and she was very much enjoying a Seth Pasman-less life. By this time the mischievous Weasley twins had become her closest companions and, although in separate houses, they spent much of their time together, often exploiting their knowledge of the secret passages of the wizarding school. Now in their fifth year of Hogwarts Kallie had come to a horrifying realisation, Fred and George weren't just Fred and George to her anymore, they were Fred and well George, except now George was followed by a scarlet blush and a dreamy gaze from the teenage girl.

She knew she was only chubby but at Hogwarts, it always seemed she was the biggest girl around. Knowing this she had very much buried any feelings she had for the troublesome twin but, as the Yule Ball poked its head around the corner she couldn't help but let a small part of her wish that George would ask her to go with him but really she knew it wasn't going to happen. George didn't date big girls, he dated little, skinny girls, which, to be fair to him, was really every girl in the school, it wasn't like he was specifically avoiding chubby girls, it just happened he hadn't dated the only one. It was particularly unfortunate that the only one was also attempting, with differing amounts of success, to hide her humongous crush from everyone. Fred was getting suspicious, Hermione had a knowing smirk whenever the two were near each other and Luna just downright knew the shy Hufflepuff was smitten with the ginger, misbehaving Gryffindor.

Every girl around her was being asked to the ball; Viktor had asked Hermione, Ginny was going with Neville; and, although his seduction techniques left much to be desired, Fred was going with Angelina. George didn't have a date. Kallie didn't have a date. She knew this and she had almost worked up the courage to ask him out one morning when the twins and she were sat around the table when a short, dark haired Ravenclaw waltzed over to them, her entire demeanour oozed confidence. Kallie shrunk into Fred's side as she approached them, her shoes click-clacking on the stone floor before she stopped in front of George.

"Good morning, George." she smiled, it was a beautiful smile and it made Kallie feel quite sick, "Are you excited for the ball?"

It was at that moment that she accepted that she had just lost her crush to another girl once again, that made what? Eight times in the past year? Yeah, probably eight. It was frustrating, and upsetting, and all Kallie could do was smile through it while she watched him agree to take out another girl. Usually, she could deal with it, she knew he'd never like her, but this time she'd thought they might have been able to go to the ball as friends. And now that idea was about to be shattered and the pieces were going to be thrown and scattered across her mind for her to eventually piece back together only for her to be disappointed once again.

"Not really." George replied. That gave Kallie hope, maybe he would reject her and then they could go as friends...

"Oh, well," Ravenclaw girl began, flicking her hair slightly in an oh-look-at-me-I'm-gorgeous sort of a way, Kallie grimaced slightly as she continued, "I was wondering if you wanted to go with me."

George shrugged, glancing at Kallie, "You alright with that Kallie?" she forced a smile, nodding slightly before George turned back to agree to the proposition from the girl.

The moment his back was turned her smile fell, there went her one chance of getting to go out with George. Fred gave her a quick hug in what she was sure was meant to be a reassuring manner but it wasn't, it just made her feel suffocated. After she noticed the apologetic looks being thrown her way by an unbelievable number of people she felt too socially anxious to remain in the Great Hall. So she slipped away and down into a secret passage only she knew about, it was a Friday night after all and she wanted to think before she went to bed.

At least five hours passed by before Kallie made her way out from behind the large oil painting that hid her secret hiding place. The Hufflepuff slowly made her way through the dark corridors in the early morning hours of a Saturday at Hogwarts, the ball was only days away and she did not have a date, nor did she have any hope of getting one. In the previous few hours she had accepted, for the third or fourth time that academic year, that George Weasley would never like her as anything more than a friend and she should just get over him. She was muttering to herself as she made her way along the corridor and she was only stopped when she walked into a rather life like object.

"God, Kallie! George is never going to like you, he would never like someone like you, that Ravenclaw is his type. Pretty, skinny, flawless skin. Not you. God! What were you think-" she hit the object, stopping in her tracks to look up and her heart stopped at the sight of one of the Weasley twins.

"So you do like George? I knew it!" Fred grinned down at her, patting her on the head.

Mortified the Hufflepuff begged him not to tell the other and, reluctantly he agreed but did not once mention that he would tell his brother about what she had been muttering on her way to her house's dorms.

After his flawed promise and Kallie's relative relief, the two continued on their way, Kallie going to her common room and Fred going God knows where to do God knows what to God knows who.