Seamus X OC part 2

If Isabelle was rubbing the salt in, Charlie was holding the vinegar ready to empty the acid into the wound - probably while playing the most grating bagpipe music he could find. As kind and accepting I wished to be to my new in-law, and as kind and accepting as I had been up until this point, he was on very thin ice.

The newly married Weasley boy had stood on the stage with a flute of what was meant to be champagne but was more likely to be something much stronger that his mother wouldn't approve of. If he'd stopped talking after his quick speech, there never would have been a problem, but he hadn't. He continued to talk and soon enough the phrase "my friend has a song for a special someone" fell out of his mouth. The noise that had followed was a horrendous chorus of awe's and I turned my back on the scene as a man got up onto the stage, not caring for whatever lovesick song was about to fall from his mouth. I'd had quite enough amour for one day and the idea of taking in any more made me nauseous.

Maybe, if I'd stopped and considered myself, I would have realised that I didn't hate love, I craved it. I craved it because I felt malnourished and longed to feel romance, even when I didn't believe in it all that much anymore. Isabelle seemed convinced about the existence of soulmates, I thought she was just a romantic; soulmates don't exist, and if they do, they're all idiots. My perceived 'soulmate' couldn't even find the time to apologise to me, granted I hadn't left much, if any, room for an apology. Although, I hadn't prevented him from contacting me either - although, I may have failed to give him anyway to actually get in touch.

Seamus Finnigan's lack of apology was hardly my point of focus in that moment, my focus was on the happy couple, not him, not even my desire to run to him and hug him. I'd made up my mind months ago, Finnigan was no longer a part of my life and I only had myself to blame for it; myself and his colourful vocabulary.

If Alice hadn't been there to turn me back around before I exited the room in search of fresh air, I never would have seen the grinning Irishman as he locked eyes with me and lifted the microphone to his lips. Thanks to Alice, my exit took a few seconds longer than I had anticipated but I still managed my escape before the fourth word had left his mouth and before he had the slightest chance to refer to whoever the lucky person was as "babe".

I wish I'd decided to apparate away from the scene, rather than walking out into the night air only to have both of my arms seized by a grinning George and Dean who looked surprisingly sober and prepared.

"You're coming with us, Reve." the elder of the two commented before they began to drag me towards the hotel and up the stairs towards the rooms. It felt as if I was back at Hogwarts and my time there had taught me not to bother protesting brief arrests in the presence of those two, instead I decided to question their motives.

"What's the kidnapping about? Need language help?" I tried to work out what they were doing but had very little success.

"Finnegan has a plan," George shrugged as they pulled me past my room and continued up the next flight of stairs, "So we're taking control of the part you're involved in."

"Awe, doesn't he want me ruining his new relationship with the poor girl he's singing to downstairs?" Dean opened a door to a room, giving me a disapproving look as he shook his head, pushing me into the room.

"He's not downstairs anymore." was all the two offered as their parting words as they shut the door.

I heard the lock click and sighed, turning around to face the room. My eyes looked over the white and crimson room with the heavy scarlet curtains and silk sheets and an oddly comforting smell. For the first time in what felt like a long time, I felt relaxed and at home. The smell was enveloping me, earthy, natural smells; smoke and pine trees - homely and safe.