Fred Weasley- 'Don't You Dare' Part 1

Sunshine had grown up around the Weasleys, and somewhere along the way she'd fallen head over heels for the elder of the witty twins. They went to school together, went on joint family holidays and they were all friends with Luna and Kallie, the weird Ravenclaw and shy Hufflepuff. Sunshine wasn't shy, or particularly weird, she was just Sunshine, the Welsh girl that got her nickname because her smile would light up anyone's day and warm anyone's heart. Everyone noticed the sassy welsh lass who was always smiling and helping people out, guys were always asking her out, but Fred didn't even look her way.

When Kristoff had asked Kallie to the Yule Ball and Fred and George had come over to shove their noses into her business a small part of her wanted to think that the irritation that was apparent on Fred's face was because she said the Swedish boy was dreamy. To be honest, she didn't actually have an idea as to why he was irritated but it seemed unlikely that it was because Kristoff was dreamy. Which, to be fair to the strapping lad, was incredibly true, he was dreamy and if Fred wasn't in existence maybe she would have been the tiniest bit interested. But Fred existed and she didn't think she could live without him, even if he was going to the ball with Angelina.

When Sunshine, Luna and Kallie were getting ready for the ball in the Room of Requirement her mind had wandered to the thought of Fred, if only he was her date tonight; if only he noticed her. Her dress was short, the sort of dress she knew would get her called slut, but she loved it and she felt downright gorgeous in it. Her hair was curled and flowing over her shoulders; her make-up was minimal but it worked. She was happy with her look and as she slipped on her heels she looked up at the others.

"Ready ladies?" she smiled at her two friends, "Let's go steal the show."

The three linked arms as they descended the staircase to the Great Hall, laughing as they went. At the bottom of the stairs, Luna and Sunshine handed Kallie over to Kristoff and continued, as a duo, into the hall.

The night flew by, Sunshine danced and laughed and got far too drunk for her own good; and that was how she found herself pinned up against a wall of the Great Hall by a Durmstrang student she'd only met half an hour before. Their lips were attached and her arms were around his neck, she wasn't sure why she was doing it, she didn't particularly like the guy. He was eye candy, he probably had a winning personality too but they hadn't disconnected their lips long enough for her to find out.

She could've blamed Fred for it, but really it was her fault. As much as seeing Fred and Angelina dance to the slow songs made her upset and jealous, it didn't actually make Sunshine grab the first man she saw who was stood alone and say "Alright, boyo, show me what you're made of." That was very much her own fault and that was how she'd ended up making out with a boy in the corner of the Hogwarts' courtyard. At least that's what she was doing until he was thrown off of her and punched, punched by Fred Weasley. An angry, fuming Fred Weasley who glared at the offending Norwegian as if he had kissed his girlfriend.

Sunshine stood, shocked at what had just happened as she stared at the twin, "What the hell?!" she slurred at Fred glaring at him, "I was enjoying that."

"Were you?" he looked at her, a little sadness in his eyes, "Luna said you liked me, but clearly not. Please, continue." Fred turned around, walking away from her and she cursed, unable to move an inch before she finally mustered the strength to run after him.

"Fred! Wait!" she received no reply from the retreating Weasley as he entered the Gryffindor common room, and that's how their friendship seemed to end. With Sunshine's drunken decisions and Fred's jealousy.

The next day Sunshine went home for Christmas and that's when her parents announced that the Weasleys were coming to stay. Sunshine ended up cooking breakfast on Christmas morning when the aforementioned twin entered the kitchen.

"Good morning! Merry Christmas!" Sunshine cheered before she had turned around to see who had entered her kitchen. When she did turn around all she saw was the back of a retreating Weasley, "Wait! I need to talk to you!"

Once again there was no answer as the twin slammed the door to the room he and his brothers were sleeping in. Sunshine had had enough, she flung open the door, eyes glistening with anger and the tears that were beginning to stream down her face showing just how broken she was, "Damnit Fred! Get your ass back here and talk to me you son of a bitch, I haven't got time for you to mess me around, what the hell is wrong with you?"

Fred Weasley took a step towards the small girl, he towered over her as she glared up at him. She tried to stay angry as he stood so painfully close to her, their bodies almost touching. She could feel his warm breath fanning her face and she could see his eyes dart towards her lips, as so many guys' eyes had done before. But Fred wasn't another guy, he wasn't the quick fix eye candy the Durmstrang student was, he was Fred Weasley; he was the man she was madly in love with.

To anyone else, her actions may have seemed irrational, but Sunshine was a Welsh woman, and every Welsh woman has a certain way of dealing with her man, whether or not he actually is her's. A Welsh woman is confident, assertive and happy to scold her husband whenever he needs it.

"So Fred? What's your excuse?" she glowered at him, waiting for the stupid reply she was expecting, but it never came.

"I love you, that's what's wrong, Sunshine." she stood, open and closing her mouth, shocked at what had just left the Weasley's mouth. All her Welsh confidence, assertiveness and desire to scold Fred Weasley disappeared from within her and, by the time she'd managed to process the words that had left his mouth, Fred Weasley was once again disappearing, this time through the doorway and out of her sight.