Chapter 19

Simon

I love the sun, his rays, his color, his warmth. I like the way his beautiful light makes countless different shades of gold on my skin.

The sun always has been a symbol of hope and joy for a great number of people including myself. I always succeed to find comfort in this big star gravitating above our head.

This probably why I love sitting beside a window so much, especially in class. When it gets boring like right now, I can lose myself in the contemplation of the sky and the sun. In my opinion, it's a nice way to spend the class's time.

Lost in my thoughts as well as my contemplation, I suddenly feel a shiver down my spine, the kind I get when someone is staring right at me.

I slowly turn around, trying to find the origin of my uneasy feeling. I finally managed to found it when I see Baz looking right at me, well not quite look because his eyes seem to be a bit glazed.

I had observed him enough during all those years to know that he always got this look when he is deep in thoughts. I gave him a warm and little smile even if he doesn't really see me, before turning back to the window.

I stay in this position for another couple of minutes before the Minautore decided to interrogate the class on the subject he was lecturing us about. I don't even know what it is. This totally proves the importance I gave to this specific class.

While he was looking around, I was crossing my fingers so he wouldn't pick me to answer. Fortunately, his glance passed over me to finally stops on Baz, who by the look of it, wasn't listening either.

"Mr. Pitch, could you please translate the sentence: όπου ακούτε;"(A/N: This means where you listening in grec.)

As soon as the teacher finished his sentence, the totality of the class turned around to stare at Baz. We waited a bit but he didn't even seem to realize he was observed as well as questioned.

After about two to three minutes, the Minautore opened his mouth again.

"Mister Grimm-Pitch, would you make me the honor of listening to my class?", he said with an ironic voice.

Oh crap...

Baz didn't answer right away but just by looking at his face I know that he is going to respond something less than polite.

"Well, I will consider this interesting offer. I'm really glad that you have noticed that my time his precious", he says with one of his most sarcastic tones.

I'm totally shocked. I just can't believe he actually said that. The majority of the class is laughing silently and I myself get some difficulties to contain my laughter.

The show didn't stop right away, Baz continued to respond with a lot of daring to our teacher, who was at each reply, a bit redder of anger than before.

In the end, Baz got himself detention and a speak face to face with the Minautore. Not much punishment if you ask my opinion and the best in all this is that he managed to lighten a lot this boring class.

When the bell finally rings, everyone quickly gets out, except Baz. While packing my things, I slipped a few glances in his direction. He didn't even seem to be bothered by the fact of having detention.

I also finally get out knowing that right after his punishment completed, Baz will come to join me in our room.

While walking toward the Mummer's house, I think of how fast my relationship with Baz changed to become the romantic and loving bond we now share.

When practically arrived in the basement, I suddenly noticed that I had forgotten one of my notebook in class. I quickly turned around with a sigh of despair.

I managed to get back to the classroom pretty fast, faster than I expected to actually. When I was close enough to the class, I noticed that the lights were still on, the door bright open and I was able to hear some noise from inside. Baz is probably still there.

With that thought in mind, I began to walk more quietly so I could try to surprise him with my presence. But once in the doorstep, I froze completely seeing right in front of me a sight I wish I never had: Baz in the process of kissing Agatha square on the lips.

Still frozen on the same spot, I didn't manage to utter a word, unable to tear my eyes apart of the disgusting scene. After a few seconds, probably feeling that someone was there Baz made eye contact with me. At that moment, my feets finally decided to come back to life and I was able to run away without glancing back.

My heart was beating like hell inside my chest, just like a drum. The betrayal I was now feeling was so intense, I had never felt something like this in my whole life.

How stupid I had been to believe that he honestly was in love with me. Everything was probably a complicated scheme to steal my girlfriend away.

But the most hurting fact in all this is that I had completely moved on of my relationship with Agatha and I was truly falling deeper and deeper for him.

A/N: Hey guys, I'm sorry for the long wait. School have Bern a gain really hard and demanding, but hey 😁 I finally manage to write and publish a chapter. I will probably be able to publish another chapter tomorrow so you won't have to wait to long. I love you guys thank you keeping reading my work it's mean a lot to me❤️. As always please comment if you want to😁