I Get A Bulls Eye

🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞

(Sol's POV)

I saw Will's eyes go wide as the words left my mouth. I expected him to say something stupid like, Well, guess we can't go through with that plan anymore, now can we? What surprised me is when he wrapped his arms around me. I went a little stiff, not expecting it at all. My body went stiff, "Um, what are you doing?"

"I'm giving you a hug. I thought you would need it." I hesitantly wrapped my arms around him in return, "It's not that, I just didn't think you would care that much to give me a hug. You only met me two days ago." He shrugged, "It doesn't matter, you're an Apollo camper now. We have to stick together." I chuckled, "Whatever you say, William."

"Not my name."

"Too late. That's your name now."

We stayed that way for a little while longer before Will pulled away, "You should better get ready. You have a long day ahead of you." I frowned and gestured to myself, "What do you mean? I am ready." I was wearing the same thing as I did yesterday and all I had to do was put my shoes on.

Will raised an eyebrow at me, "You literally just woke up a few minutes ago." I nodded my head in agreement, "I know. I always jump out of the bed ready for the day." He looked slightly disturbed as he handed me an extra brush, "Go brush your hair. I'll go see if I can find an extra tooth-brush." 

I made my way towards the bathroom before I turned around and flashed him a smile, "Thanks, Will. For giving me this stuff and not punching me when I held you down to the ground." He returned the smile before shooing me into the bathroom, "No problem. Now clean yourself, child! You are filthy!" I laughed at him through the closed door before I turn towards the mirror to brush my hair.

Then I let out the loudest scream I had ever heard.

When I had first arrived at Camp my hair was a dark chocolate brown color, something that I took great pride and joy in. And now, lord behold, my hair was a dirty blonde color. Will busted down the door with an expression of alarm, "Sol!? Why the Hades are you screaming?!" I heard someone outside the cabin scream 'watch your fucking language!' but I was to upset to pay that any mind.

Before Will could say anything else, I turned to him and screamed just as loud as I did before, "WHAT THE FUCKING HELL HAPPENED TO MY HAIR!!" He stared at me blankly before pinching the bridge of his nose, looking annoyed, "Let me get this straight, you screamed bloody-murder, scaring the shit out of me, might I add, only because your hair is a different color!?"

You could hear the joints in my hand pop as I grabbed the collar of his shirt to bring him down to my level (I'm not short. Don't call me that.) My eyes felt different as I tried not to glare at him, "I will only ask this one time, William Fucking Solace. What happened to my hair."

His eyes were wide with shock and fear as he stared at me. I quickly pulled my hand back and stared at it. It was glowing, just like it did when I was attacked by the Minotaur. I took a quick glance at the mirror. Just like in my memory, my eyes were a golden color before they shifted back to chocolate brown. 

My voice broke slightly when I spoke, "Wha...I....what's happening to me..." Will wrapped his arm around my shoulder, giving me a side hug, "I don't know Sol. But we'll figure it out. I promise." There was a knock on the cabin door and we both jumped apart. Will hurried over and opened the door. Connor and Travis were standing there, a toothbrush and toothpaste in hand.

Will stared at them in shock, "How did you know we needed a toothbrush?" Before they could answer, I pushed past Will and handed them their listening device (I live on the streets, I don't know the terminology,) "Might want to try and hide it better next time, boys. Although, I'm a little concerned about how you got into the cabin."

They stared at me in shock and Will snorted, "Getting exposed by a thirteen year. Wow." I grabbed the toothbrush and toothpaste out of Connor's hand. I quickly put toothpaste on the toothbrush and hollered thanks as I ran to the bathroom, closing the door behind me.

🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞

My gums were burning by the time we got to the archery fields. I may or may not have scrubbed a little too hard and now my gums were bleeding.

Lovely. Just freakin lovely.

Will handed me and bow and a quiver full of arrows, "Go on. Let's see how well you can shoot." I picked up the bow and drew back the string. I shook my head and put it down slowly, "Too heavy." I tried another one and it was too long. The process repeated until I had tried all the bows there. I sighed and rubbed my face with my hands, "Now what-"

Your necklace.

I jumped and spun around looking for the person who had spoken. I turned to Will, did you say something?" He shook his head and my hand reached for the necklace that I was wearing. My mom's necklace.

Pull on it.

Her mom's necklace is the sun

I wrapped my fingers around the sun charm and pulled down. Instead of a sun charm in my hand, the was a golden bow, just the perfect size for me. I grabbed an arrow from a quiver that I was using earlier, nocked the bow before firing at the target.

It hit dead-smack in the center.

Will stared at me shocked before laughing, "Didn't see that coming." I smiled before grabbing another arrow and nocking the bow, "So what's Melody's backstory? Why is she here even though she's so young?"

Will sighed, suddenly looking extremely sad, "After Apollo left her mother, it went downhill. She re-married, but both her and her husband became a drug-addict, meth-heads to be exact.  When the satyr found her, she was almost dead. She's been at camp ever since."

Will jumped in surprise when I snapped the arrow I had just grabbed in half, "I'm going to pop their heads like fucking zits."

"Please don't."

"No, I fucking serious. Where do these shit heads live, I'm gonna kill them."

Will sighed, looking down at the ground, "They died two weeks ago from overdose. She stopped talking after we told her but she talked to you last night... you were the first person she has spoken to in the last two week." 

Another arrow hit the target and my bow shifted back into a charm and I sent will a wide grin, "It's all in the smile."

After all, Humor is the Best way to Hide the Pain...

🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞

1206 words