Chapter 003: Foster Father Fang Hua

Were all Immortals so above the attractions of the mundane world?

I carried this question within me for three days until I wanted to pound my head with my own fists. It was too oppressing.

These few days, the beautiful person always watched me eat before control one's hands and leaving. He would return to the residence after a long while, pleased, and then spend the entire afternoon reclining on a bamboo mat to doze.

He never arranged any work for me to do, and spoke to me very little.

He seemed to have thoroughly forgotten a person like me existed. Even if I tried to improve my popularity by wandering back and forth, he never looked me directly in the eye.

Although he vigorously ill-treated me this way, he always arranged for three meals a day and waited upon me comfortably.

It was as if, I wasn't led here to be ordered about, but to enjoy a happy life filled with ease...

Seriously, what an abnormal guy...

Midday.

As usual, he cooked some dishes and placed them on the table. Without even touching his chopsticks, he immediately ignored me and grabbed his robes to head out the door.

I anxiously swallowed a few mouthfuls of rice, used my sleeve to wipe my mouth and bent forwards, holding my breath as I tailed along behind him.

The house he built here was pretty out of the way.

There weren't even any neighbors around, and a field of medicinal herbs grew behind the building.

The shade of the green trees were thick beneath the summer sun, a pool of water rippled with jade-green waves that gave people an immeasurably cool feeling.

A white-robed silhouette disappeared into the ancient forest.

Huh...

Weird, why did this person slip noiselessly into a place where birds wouldn't even poop at?

Enduring the rats of the scorching run, I broke into a run.

Leaning against the back of an ancient tree, I quietly craned my neck to look beyond.

Geez...

I saw the beautiful person rise to the sky with a leap, his reflection reversed in the pond below. The white robes were light as his foot stepped lightly on the surface of the pool, not even stirring a ripple. Then, his slender hands stretched forward and before I could see clearly, his body slowly floated to the ground. His form was as lovely as an Immortal. Only now, there was the stem of a lotus flower in his hand.

Ah... ...I couldn't tell before, but this had lots of emotional appeal.

A hot day spent using qinggong[1] to approach the surface of a pond and gather lotuses was already very bourgeoisie.

At that time I really wanted to express the surging within my heart.

The beautiful person was like a painting.

Long hair swirling in the air, falling flowers in riotous profusion.

His flawless movements caused the petals of the lotus to tear off... ...please remember, he used tearing movements... ...and then he stood up, holding the rest in his mouth, and began to chew.

His expression then...

It was as if he was trying a delicate, delicious taste of the mortal world.

I clung to the old tree, eyes widening as I watched this Immortal fly upwards. In the span of a moment's time, he gathered many different types of flowers with a pinch of his hand. Then he reclined atop a tree and placed them all into his mouth.