Chapter 005: Drunk on Wine

I never knew the differences between shou (beasts) and humans.

Could it be that the differences were humans ate the Five Grains while a Fang Hua Beast understood tasting the flavors?

Yifu was nicer to me than any other person in the world. He was a Fang Hua Beast, but was prettier than any mortal girl.

Every year on the tenth day of the tenth month, yifu would always go by himself somewhere and return tired and sleepy. His snow-white boots would be caked with yellow mud as well as a thick odor of incense wood.

And then he'd spent an entire day in his room alone to drink away his sorrows.

At that time, he remarkably resembled any one of many lovesick, spurned young men.

But I enjoyed seeing him drink, because only then would he resemble an ordinary person, wanton and self-indulgent.

Yifu really was pretty.

A small lamp emanating a pale yellow light, yet still gentle and mild.

The cinnabar mole beneath the corner of Fang Hua's eye was red like fire. The shadow of his eyelashes covered up his pupils, while the space between his eyebrows tried its best to conceal his worry. Like this, he poured himself a cup of wine to enjoy, each movement filled with unrestrained refinement.

I remember someone once told me that a mole beneath the eye shaped like a teardrop meant that person would have a life full of misfortunes and frustrated feelings.

Fang Hua's alcohol tolerance was not good.

But even so, he talked more after he became drunk.

"Isn't there a saying among mortals? That one moment of drunkeness can separate you from 1,000 woes? Why can't I get drunk even after 1,000 cups?"

He swayed and tried to point at me, but found that he couldn't stay still. So he waved his sleeve and gave up the useless motion, continuing to pour the jug of wine in his mouth.

His clothes were already soaked.

He still has enough face to call himself sober, I scoffed.

I used my chopsticks to pick up a piece of radish[1] and wrapped it in a mantou, before placing it in my mouth. Lifting my eyes, I spared him a glance before knocking against the table. "Yifu, why are you wasting wine? It took so much effort to brew half of that jug."

He froze, stupefied, but it took a long time before he understood and sat down with the wine jug in a protective embrace. Two pupils swept over me in an overwhelming moment of sorrow. "You smelly rascal, I raised you for two years, but it still looks like you're not even worth this jug of wine."

Tch.

You keep drinking.

You who raised me for two years, but still didn't know I was a girl.

I shook as I gave him a skewed glance. He was blabbering loudly with one foot on the bench, body stretched out as he raised his sleeve to pick up a giant piece of meat with his chopsticks and bit a vicious mouthful of mantou to stuff his mouth.

A lady doesn't lower herself to the same level as a drunkard.

Suddenly a pair of jade-slender hands shot out to press down upon my sleeves. Before I could react, he groped downwards. Startled, goosebumps rose on my skin and-

-loudly cried out, "Not good!"

Those delicate, completely flawless jade hands wrapped around my chopsticks.