Chapter 10

i look behind me as im running to see the soc girl i was talking to trying so hard to catch up to me. i winked at her and turned around to touch the wall. pony was sprinting in the same group as me, but i think i touched the wall a hair faster than he did.

i ran back and high-fived holland. i slowly breathed in the air as the soc girl said, out of breath, "dang greaser girl, you're fast."

"'bout time you realized." i said back.

PE had finally ended, and i was extremely sweaty. i walked into the locker room and took a nice shower and changed into my clothes. i still had the whole rest of the day ahead of me, and i was hoping holland was in more of my classes.

i finally made a friend outside of the gang.

next was history. i had pony in this class, and to my surprise i also had holland. we waved to each other as i went to sit next to pony. he was the only person that had an empty seat next to him.

end of the day

i survived my first day at will rogers high. and honestly, it wasn't bad at all. i ended up having science and math also with holland.

i was packing my things up at my locker when holland approached me.

"hey ivye, wanna hang out tonight? you can come over to my house. you're the first friend i've had at this damn school." holland said.

i couldn't even remember the last time i hung out with a girl. i could really use a girl friend to have.

"sure, you wanna just walk over there now?" i asked.

"yeah, lets go!" holland exclaimed.

"i was going to walk home with my other friends, so i should probably tell them im going with you." i told her.

she nodded her head and said "thats cool." as i went off to find pony and johnny.

"hey, im going to go to the bathroom real quick." holland said.

"alright, im going to tell my friends im going with you." i replied.

i found pony and johnny and said to them, "hey, im not going to walk home with you guys today. im hanging out with a new friend."

they gave me very confused looks like they weren't expecting that to happen, then happiness.

"alright, ivye. happy you finally made a friend thats not part of the gang!" pony said overly happy. i kicked his shin and said "yup!" and walked over to the bathrooms where holland was coming out.

we walked outside of the school and crossed the street and walked to the middle class side of town. it wasn't super far, and on the way there we talked about how i got back at one of the soc girls during PE.

"those stupid soc girls need to get a life and get their heads out of their asses. those arrogant pricks." holland mumbled.

i looked at her and went "ooooo!" as we walked into her driveway.

her house was bigger than the two that i have ever lived in, but it wasn't a mansion or anything. we walked straight in as a dog ran up to me and started to lick my hands.

"thats lucy. she's a german shepard." i pet lucy's head and used that voice to talk to her that everyone uses to talk to an animal or a baby or something.

"hey mom, met my new friend ivye." holland said as we walked into the kitchen to find her mom.

it was crazy how much holland looked like her mom. they had the same eye color, hair color, and facial shape.

"its nice to meet you mrs... mrs...?" i said, waiting for her to tell me her last name.

"oh sweetie, you can just call me lilly." she said, talking my hand and shaking it. i gave her a bright smile as we headed upstairs into holland's room.

holland had a large bed in the middle of her room with a medium sized closet on the wall and a small desk opposite to it.

"welcome to my cave." holland said, putting her arms up as to showcase the room.

"wow, its a lot nicer than my room." i said.

"oh, im sure it isn't. here, come sit on my bed. we can get to know each other." she said back. i sat down as holland said, "so, since you're new and everything, what made you want to move here to stupid tulsa? tulsa is pretty boring."

i closed my eyes, wondering if i should tell her. i haven't talked to anyone about my past since i got here. "i don't know if i should tell you." i mumbled.

"its ok if you don't want to tell me, but i think you should. i can tell you look upset about it, and the only way you'll heal from it is if you talk to someone about it instead of bottling your feelings inside."

i looked over at her, smiled, and started to begin telling her my story.

hey guys! this chapter was very slow, and im sorry. but i have a plan coming hopefully soon to the story, so stay tuned for that. don't forget to vote, comment, and follow, and thanks for reading!