Chapter 15

"hey holland." johnny said in a small whisper.

holland looked at me, then back at johnny, then back to me.

"johnny, i know ivye probably told you what happened, and i can understand if you don't believe me. but just know that im extremely sorry, but sorry doesn't really cover it."

"holland, what i saw that day broke my heart. i can see your side of the story, and before i even confront our past relationship again, you need to build some trust back. you wanna start being friends again?"

holland just nodded her head and turned to me mouthing "thank you." i smiled and said "oh yeah, i might want to bring this up. me and johnny have been friends since we were little, im ponyboy's sister."

johnny turned and smiled at me and holland just went, "wait what?"

"i was put up for adoption, both sets of my parents died, and im back here." i said matter-of-factly.

"oh my god, i just remembered i told you i thought your brother was cute." she said, shocked. "heh, uhh... sorry about that."

me and johnny laughed as the bell rang for us to get to our first class. we said our goodbyes as me and johnny headed to our study hall.

"so johnnycakes, how do you think that went?" i asked.

"i don't know, i think it went well." he just stopped there, and i could tell he had something deeper than this on his mind.

we walked into our study hall and spotted two bit. he quickly waved us over and asked excitedly "how did it go, how did it go!"

"it went fine." johnny said, looking down.

"fine? just fine?" he nodded and let his eyes glare down to the ground again.

i looked at two bit and mouthed "it went great." and smiled. two bit gave me a silent high five as the teacher called our name for attendance.

after study hall, i headed down to PE and spotted ponyboy.

"how did it go ive?" he asked quietly, knowing holland was going to be around us.

"it actually went pretty well. johnny has something else on his mind; i can tell. he seems really quiet, but i guess he always is. and when me and two asked him how it went, he just claimed it was 'fine.' and it was, in fact, not just fine. it was great."

ponyboy looked at me with a small, sad smile. he knew even without seeing johnny that something else was on his mind.

"hey ivye!" holland said, coming up behind me. "wow, i can't believe i didn't t notice your guy's similarities before. you two have the same facial shape!"

me and pony just looked at each other, smiled, and shook our heads.

"and ivye, i was thinking about it, and i just have to say..."

"your brother, sodapop, is freaking hot. i had to say it. which, in turn, makes you gorgeous. wait, i-i didn't mean that in a sexual way, you are just really pretty."

i laughed at what she said. "aww, thanks holland. you're very pretty as well." i looked over at pony and he just stared back at us with strange looks. "i'll never understand girls." we started running after the gym teacher blew the whistle as holland leaned over and said "you and johnny have been lifelong friends?"

"yeah, he was my best friend before i moved. im sorry i didn't tell you earlier." i replied.

"its cool. i will have to say, i was a bit taken aback, but i get it. johnny is a really nice guy."

when she talked, i could tell the love and passion she had for johnny. you could see it in her eyes. she really wanted johnny back.

and i knew, at this point, i needed to put my feelings for johnny aside. i could tell how bad holland wanted him back, more than i did, and i wanted to make it my mission to get johnny back to her.

woww, its been a while. im extremely sorry i haven't been updating, i've been super busy with track and school that i barely want to write anymore. i haven't been feeling super motivated lately, but i remembered that people like this story and i wouldn't want to let you guys down. and sorry this chapter is shorter, i wanted to get it out as soon as possible. and sorry this chapter kind of sucks, i wanted to make it quickly and just get it out.

but thank you to everyone that was patient in waiting for this story! i will try my hardest to not go this long without updating ever again.

don't forget to vote, comment and follow, and thanks for reading!