Chapter 27

for the whole rest of that day after school, i spent my time with johnny. the gang laughed at us, but i didn't really care. all i cared about was being with johnny.

we laid upstairs in my room, his arm wrapped around my shoulder.

"you should tell me your surprise for me," i suggested, smiling to myself.

"well that would ruin the point of a surprise, ive," johnny said, laughing.

"why does it have to be a surprise? why can't it just be... a gift? yeah, a gift," i asked, sitting up on my elbow.

"because... well, i can't tell you now. but it has to be a surprise, you hear?"

"yeah, i guess i do hear. you should still tell me though," i said defiantly, laying back down so my head was on his chest.

"you are so stubborn, ivye!" johnny exclaimed, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

i just laughed in response.

a large knock sounded at our door, and we looked at each other and rolled our eyes.

"which one of you dinguses is it now?" i asked. johnny giggled at my comment. 

"its sodapop, your brother," the voice said.

"you didn't need to specify that you were my brother, but ok," i answered, laughing.

soda walked in and saw the position we were in and he opened his mouth like he was going to say something. he paused, then just waved it off with his hand.

"well, i came to tell you two kiddos that there is a big fat chocolate cake downstairs with your names written all over it," soda said with a smug smile and a persuading tone.

me and johnny looked at each other and grinned, and almost as if we read each others minds, and we sprinted downstairs as a trail of laughter from soda followed.

we got downstairs to find darry in the kitchen.

"so, where's the cake?" johnny asked.

"oh, there is no cake. we just wanted you two to come downstairs because the gangs gonna be here soon," soda answered after descending the stairs.

i pressed my lips together. "so you tricked us?"

"that we did," darry answered, high-fiving soda.

"if you would excuse us, we believed there was cake and since there is no cake, we will be making our way upstairs again," i said, using an almost sarcastic tone.

i turned to walk upstairs as johnny followed me, when i felt a hand grab my wrist and pull me back.

"oh no you aren't," soda said in a voice that was supposed to be stern, but it made me and johnny laugh anyway.

he guided me back into the kitchen.

"whats the point of being down here if there is no cake?" i asked.

"i hate to say it, but you two are spending way too much time together alone. soon enough you'll be havin' sex left and right with each other," darry said.

johnny and i burst out into a fit of laughter, with darry adding "im serious," and then we could actually tell that he wasn't joking.

"as your older brother, i have the right to say cut back on the time spent alone. we don't need a curtis and cade crossover," darry said, sitting down at the table and reading the paper.

"curtis and cade does sound pretty badass though," i whispered as i turned to johnny, smiling.

he looked down at me slightly and smiled too. "i think it does as well."

johnny lightly kissed my nose and i heard a series of knocks in the front door. the door swung open to find the rest of the gang, including dally.

"well, look who finally came to socialize," dally said to us.

"oh shut up, dallas. if you found someone you loved and cared for too you would understand," johnny protested, swinging his arm around my shoulder. i smiled at his response.

"i don't find love," dally answered blatantly.

"you never know, dallas. you never know who could step into your life at an unexpected time," i told him.

tgere was a long pause. "whatever, you little shits," dally replied, rolling his eyes.

two bit had a beer in his hand and walked up to us.

"are you two even like... official yet?" he asked, drunkly.

"u-um, not yet," johnny stuttered.

"yeah, when are you going to ask me?" i joked, turning my head to look at him and laughing.

"just wait, the time will come," johnny answered, turning to me too. he leaned down and placed a quick peck at my lips.

"ugh, get a room," two bit scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"we did, you all pestered us about not comin' down and talking, but now that we do we need a room?" i asked, two bit's logic backfiring on him.

"look at you, actin' all smart using big words like 'pester'," two bit said while smiling, hitting my arm playfully.

"shut it or i'll show you how smart i am."

he immediately got the clue and walked away, his hands up in defense.

the rest of the night was filled with chatter, laughter, and many questions about what me and johnny were.

i didn't mind. i liked showing off my best friend to everyone.

hey guys, this chapter is EXTREMELY short and im sorry about that. this is literally just a filler chapter and it feels very rushed. but the next chapter will be ivye's birthday which will be fun!

wish me luck, i have my first day of high school tomorrow 😬

and it turns out (y'all might not even care about this but imma say it anyway) when i go to hard rock hotel, we'll be there for john lennon's bday which will be super cool!

sorry for blabbering, but don't forget to vote, comment, and follow, and thanks for reading!