Vilkas x Reader

Seeing that the last Vilkas x Reader was not really much of a one shot, here you all go :)

good luck surviving, my lovelies.

I shook as lightning struck a tree nearby. I was crying silently, feeling the warm tears stream down my cold cheeks, dripping on the even colder wooden floor. Where was Vilkas? Where was Farkas? Where was Aela? Where was Ria? Where was everyone...? I couldn't see anything...the rain dripped through the roof and dwindled the fire, eliminating the only source of light, and most importantly...warmth. I sat on the floor in the corner, shaking and sobbing. I was alone. Everyone left without me. Now I'm stuck with no food,...alone... no warmth...alone...no clean water...alone...stuck in this storm...alone. But my ears twitched when I deep voice broke my train of thought.

"Y/n!" I looked up to see a worried and concerned Vilkas. He held his hand out and I grabbed it with my soaking hand. By now Jorvaskr had filled with an inch of rainwater, and Mother Nature was showing us no mercy, it seemed.

"You need to come with us, now! Leave this place, Y/n, Alduin's fire, girl! Stand up and come here!" Vilkas shouted. I was frozen in place. Suddenly a loud crash of thunder was heard and a large flash of white clouded my vision. I heard another crash and saw that the roof has been penetrated by a tree falling, except the lightning must have hit the tree, because it was on fire. Causing the flame to spread out around Jorvaskr. This scared me even more...

"Y/n!" Vilkas had no other choice but to pick up my trembling body and run through the now almost three feet of water. He realized the whole in the ceiling was making the water level rise faster. He ran faster, almost tripping over his feet with me in his strong arms. He saw that the tree has made a big hole in the wall, perfect for Vilkas and I to be free from that place. But right before he was able to escape, fire engulfed the hole, almost engulfing Vilkas and I.

Vilkas muttered words under his breath that I couldn't quite understand.

"The door, use the door." I suggested weakly. Vilkas shook his head.

"No! The fire will only spread there, too. See?" I looked and saw that the once beautiful, soaking doors were now burnt and on fire.

"If the fire that has died from the water has been on the walls, we should be able to smash the walls. The walls should be weak." 

"Good idea." He set me down on my feet, the water reaching up to my waist. He took out his weapon and began smashing the wall, once, twice, three times! The weapon made a hole just the right size for him and I. We both we suddenly carried by a large wave of force from the water pressure being released from the inside, carrying us outside. We were both soaked now. Strong winds shook Jorvaskr and then the flames burned more, and more, until all we could see was an orange glow of light. Jorvaskr is gone...

"We have to go, Y/n!" Vilkas rushed out the words. I watched as Jorvaskr slowly began to fall. The wall that Vilkas made a hole in fell first, then everything else after that. Jorvaskr lasted all these years...

I was caught back in reality when Vilkas picked me up and ran to Dragonsearch. The only safe place now.

"Oh good, she's alive!" Ria grinned and sighed in relief. I was handed a blanket from Farkas and Vilkas set me down by the fire in the middle of the hall. Vilkas sat beside me. I stared into the flames as they only reminded me of Jorvaskr at this point. I silently cried, quickly wiping the tears, not wanting to show them to my companions and family. But, Vilkas was the only one to see this side open up. He turned to face me. I turned away from him, more tears fell.

"Vilkas, that was the only home I really had...All my things...all my hard work..." I sniffled. "Gone." I finished. Vilkas grabbed my arm and stroked it to calm me down.

"That's not true." He tried to reassure. 

"I had art work in there! I just finished moving around things in my room! Now it's all ashes and water damage!" I cried out and faced him. He cupped my face and wiped the tears away.

"That's not true. You forgot that you gave me this." He pulled out a drawing that I drew of him and I picking flowers. We both had flower crowns and butterflies were flying everywhere. Then he pulled out a circlet made of sapphire and moonstone. 

"Not everything is gone." He said. I hugged him and cried into his shoulder. He stroked my back.

"Shh....it's alright...it's alright..." He stopped and pulled back from the hug. "If this helps, Farkas told me there's a large cabin in the woods not that far away. We could live there together." He smiled gently. I sighed, except seeing that I was crying, it sounded more like a sob.

"How can all of us fit inside that cabin? You know how large Jorvaskr was. A large cabin won't do for all of us." I told him. He chuckled.

"No, no, not for us as in the family. I mean...you and I. We can live there, renovate the cabin so that it can fit all of us. It can be the new Jorvaskr." He said, glancing at the soaked amulet of Mara around my neck. My face, already flushed from the cold and crying, seemed to flush a darker shade of red.

"You mean...like...live there...as in...." He grinned at my stammering.

"I love you, Y/n. I love your sweet heart, I love your generosity, I love your loyalty, I love your glowing personality. I love your emotional breakdowns. I love everything about you." Vilkas smirked a little. My brows furrowed.

"What emotional breakdowns?! I don't have emotional breakdowns!" I yelled. he hummed.

"Mm, so the reason your were sobbing and shaking when I found you...?" He smiled slyly.

"I...uh....skinned m-my knee!" I lied, pretty clearly to what I can see on Vilkas' face.

"Really? Let me see." He pulled up my dress so that it just reached the end of my thighs, so not far up.

"Vilkas, no!" I tried stopping him.

"I don't see any injuries." He laughed. I felt my face burn.

"Oh, come on, Y/n. You know you love me! You've known me since we were both pups!" He laughed again. 

"....Fine...I do love you." I muttered out of my clenched teeth.

"There it is." He let out a relaxed sigh, as if he started to think about taking back that he loved me for a second.

"Lets visit the cabin after the big storm, is that fine, Y/n? ...Y/n?" Vilkas didn't realize that I had fallen asleep on the floor. He picked me up and laid me down in his arms. He snuggled me and kissed my cheek.

"Good night, love."

1159 words! :D

This has not been edited yet, so I know there are errors, I am sorry about those!