Evening Hue

Dedicated to Romance

Hi Aarav,

I usually am pretty good at writing letters, but when it comes to you i tend to stumble, stutter like a fool. I hope to God, you haven't noticed that but if you did , you'll know why in a moment , but you are smart so must have already figured it out, if you did I am gonna hope I'll be abducted by aliens soon.

We have known each other since University. I wasn't attracted to you then but after we took our respective careers , things changed with you being more responsible and into your Masters , it made me look at you in different light. And when I thought my crush was over after an year (embarrassing I know). So since I had some work in your city, I asked you to meet me.

I wished that day was a date , because if it was upto me this was how it would've gone.

Since we agreed to meet in the evening after your work, I would meet you near that favourite street of yours which according to your words is pretty dope. We could take long walk in that street, stop at every bookstore because you know me.

You would shake your head with amusement with my every purchase. Maybe I would buy you a book! Then when you'll look at me for permission to hold my hand , I would grin and nod. Then resume the walk in light breezy night, again stop at our favourite Entertainment store, wander through it discussing from Hogwarts to Game of Thrones collection.

Then we would go back to the street and stop at a café which overlooks the street. Drinking tea and Maggi noodles we would sometimes talk and other time be comfortable with silence as we look towards the street.

Sigh.

I could do it all night. You would randomly get a call and when you speak in your native tongue it would drive me crazy. I would just control my urge by folding my hands tightly. Dear God, who knew talking in another language would make another human so sexy. Also that deep chuckle of yours is driving me through the edge. All through this I steal glances at you and wonder how I got so lucky.

Then you would simply melt my heart by playing with hair and stop to wink at me.
That night over numerous cups of tea , we get to know more about each other. The mysterious aura around you disappears as the night grows darker, the heart lighter and feelings bolder.

As the night comes to end to my dismay , before we could part, I blurted out "I like you Aarav!" and as I am about to flee, you would pull me for a hug and say "Maybe another perfect date like tonight?"

So maybe some day when I find enough drinks to gulp and send you this letter to ask you on a date , I hope this would be it.

                                          Yours hopefully,
                                                 Drithi