Netflix & Zero Chill

Dear crush,

Before my one sided love becomes very evident to you due to the fluttering emotions and bubbling feelings whenever you are around. I found the perfect solution to stop myself from being a complete moron (haha) when you are around, that is to write all these precious moments I spent with you, just like Lara Jean did in "To all the boys I have loved before" but not in letters rather in my notepad.

Wait! Does that make you my Peter Kavinsky?

Arghhhh!

After 1½ year, just when I thought I was so over you, I met you in your city yet again. I mean how could I not?! We are "friends" after all.

When I reached your apartment, and as you opened the door, it took everything not to gawk at you. I mean seriously how did this guy look hot in pyjamas!! ( I need therapy!). I handed you the books I got you(things I do for one sided love, sigh!)

I smirked and said " You better keep the books intact, it's on your head if something happens to my precious books"
You just laughed sexily (How even?!) and replied " of course"

For some odd reasons, all your roommates decided to have evening snack and left me with you. It literally took me few minutes to recover from the fact that we were alone.

That's when I got to spend 40 glorious minutes with you watching Netflix and laughing at my favourite series. 40 minutes of constraints from not jumping at you whenever you laughed at the series, 40 minutes of utter confusion.. to tell you how I feel or not?! God was seriously testing me!!

Again, after few moments of awkwardness, I finally settled in, laughing and talking about life in general with you. I was completely enraptured with you, with your half focus on work you were doing to the few secrets that you spilled that evening.

Damn, I got it bad.

The best part was you actually put my favourite episode of my favourite Netflix series. The evening couldn't get any better.

To make a move or not?

Luckily, before I could humiliate myself, you asked me if I needed the house tour. I nodded. Yes, of course few extra minutes with you was just what I needed.

Then it was time for me to leave. That's when I completely lost it. As we stood on the threshold, i could've exited with a cool smile but oh no, that's when my mind ditched me and I stood bewildered as soon as I looked in your eyes.

Get it together girl!!

But, oh no. I completely forgot how to talk. My mouth was just not moving so I did the next best thing, I RAN...like a imbecile I ran and mumbled a wave when you shouted goodbye to me.

Utter humiliation it was.

Yet, that didn't dampen my mood. I smiled all the way home, glowing like a freaking moron for the dreamy evening I had. There was a also a small happy dance involved once I was alone in my room.

It's still the same, my stuttering, embarrassing myself by saying the wrong things and by  just being a plain old idiot in front of you. It's been 3 years already, give me a break!.

Until, next time with new humiliation and same old feelings from this dork.

- Drithi