How it all began

Hello Aarav,

In my three years of university, I was too busy with academics to even bother about your existence (Tsk tsk now look at me). We barely spoke, I must have helped you with your project once or twice but that I did to everyone who asked me. Whatever impression I had of you was not really flattering at the beginning. I thought you were a jerk.

Why you ask?

Well, I was having a rough week in my final year, not only was I doing my academic work, final project but also was event head of our college fest. It was stressful but added to that was my professional course and class representative duties along with my part time job. It was exhausting to say the atleast.

I remember one particular bad week where everything seems to be going wrong and I was one straw away from breaking down. I came down to ask our class for assignments and you said something nasty, which was the last straw. I didn't want anyone to see me crying so I just cried in washroom like an college student.
Had it been a better week, I would not have minded but after that,I had a strong dislike towards you. But no one can stay angry at each other in our class, we were that close and amicable. So I let it go.

You've been quite blunt and jerk during our university days, it was not intentional but I just realized just the way you are. Words were straight forward, spoken like facts, face poker and tone condensing. You give compliments the same way not that I have received many but neither did that matter.

Then you went for Masters and I shifted to another city to complete my professional course. We spoke here and there but never on daily basis. You hated small talks I knew so much.

Then I was back in my hometown and turns out we had mutual friends in your Master's class. We met andthats when i realized that, this was not the same man I knew. You were more mature, more responsible and somehow helluva hot!! (Whaaaat???!)

I was flustered. I mean what suddenly happended to me?! I neither acknowledged my feelings nor confirmed it. I was just out of one messy relationship and it had left me a little bleak. Then one day you text me out of blue asking if I read this author's book?!

Well, that was a surprise, I never knew you read?! Your mysterious aura unraveled a little. Then we both got busy with life. Until one day, I asked you, if you still got to read that author's book which you asked me if I had read. You said no, you were busy with responsibilities of masters degree.

Out of nowhere I had the sudden urge to gift you the book and I did from the little savings I had from my part time jobs. And strangely too shy to give it to you , so I managed to pass it on to our mutual friend. Before I could escape, you caught hold of me and asked me a little breathless from the running, if this was my gift to you , I nodded.

As romantic as I might sound, it was one sided but kind of magical. Evening breeze ruffled our hair, the evening light turned dusk, and you smiled. That's when it doomed on me, despite the your jerk like attitude, mysterious aura, quirky wit and pretty face , I had fallen for you.

Who am I kidding?Crush don't last for three years! I was doomed in the one sided part of the love which now looks like I'll never get over.

Sigh!

- Yours (not really) utterly ridiculous friend,
Drithi

A/N : Not my best work I know, but I was feeling overwhelmed, thought writing this down might help. Hope you enjoy reading this. ❤️

I'll work on writing better in the coming chapters. 💞