ENCHANTED

Dear Mister Doc,

Dear Mister Doc,

I saw you again in my dreams today.

Surprised?

Well, you visit my dreams often and why wouldn't you? You're the one occupying all my thoughts — my conscious, subconscious and dreams.

I wonder at times, do you ever see me in your dreams? Or even think about me while you're awake? Do I never cross your mind?

You're a very closed person and your head is like a pressure cooker. Nothing comes out until we release the valve.

Well... I believe, I'm one person to whom you've revealed stuff about your life, your insecurities. Maybe minimal, but to some extent I've seen you trust me.

I know I'm nothing but a 'friend', but I want to be that 'friend' with whom you share something more than friendship.

Ever wondered what our prefect date would be like?

People plan romantic gestures, and exotic locations.

I need you.

Just you and me, a walk through the woods, hand in hand.

Nothing much. We'll just talk.

I know you'd irritate the hell out of me. I'd pretend to be angry and you'll scrunch your eyes and give that smile which will shatter my heart again, knowing that it'd never be mine.

You belong to someone. You pine for someone else. Your past experiences have singed you... Thus you can't fathom your present.

I'd just be content to gaze at the moon or lie on our backs with the damp grass wetting our shirts. And you'd compose some verses, writer that you are.

We'd be star gazing, finding constellations, lying still, hearing the shrill cry of cicadas and watching the fireflies dance in the crevices. The dew will settle on our face and you'd gently brush back my unruly hair.

I'd probably blush red, not that you'd notice. And then we'd sit together and talk some more, while I gaze onto your liquid eyes like molten dark chocolate, hidden by glasses which would glint in the starlight.

Your eyes would twinkle at something I'd say.

We'd probably start discussing about your duty as a medical intern and end up with nuke deals between India and Russia.

After all, we lose our train of thought while we're together.

Maybe you'd also squeeze my hand, leaving me all warm and fuzzy. I'd try to hug you. You'd break away, wondering if it's even right for you to touch me.

We may take a nightly walk beside a gurgling stream, the water making a soothing music, with the wind playing in my hairs.

I'd steal glances at you, maybe you'd too. But we'd fall silent ultimately, just listening to each others hearts beat, thinking and dreading our inevitable separation.

Mr Doctor, the Invisible Quill (whose writing is very powerful, not at all invisible), I know it's just another mirage, never a reality.

In reality, I'm just your 'bro' and we have fights and egos, but then I believe we'd have our perfect date, someday — in some other life, in another time, another dimension.

   -— Shreya