Dear, hero in my unfinished book

It isn't you.

It's me.

I know I've neglected you for years. I write the scene for you to play out a couple of times and then I leave. I leave you in limbo. I leave you standing alone in an underdeveloped, empty, blank world with nothing to do or say. I leave you in an unfinished chapter to face your enemies, alone. I stop writing when you meet your love interest outside your nightclub. I leave then return to change your voice and dialogue to suit the narrative only to leave again.

I apologize for my neglect in not finishing the world I am building for you to live and thrive in. Again I apologize. I confess with being undecided on what story I want to write or what part I want you to play in the story I want to tell.

However, I am no longer undecided. I will finish rebuilding our world. I say "our" world because it is your world too. My hero. I have plans for you. You will have adventures, reveals, plot devices, and romances. I have plans to make you a famous strong hero, worshipped and adored by many. You will be loved by many women and feared by your enemies.

I have plans to shatter your heart in pieces by taking away the love of your life and won't give her back until you've earned it. I will crush your soul and put you carefully back together again. You, dear hero, will love me and you will hate me.

So, please forgive me. Trust me.

Take my hand and we will scorch the Earth, together.

Your most ardent writer,

By Jolo815