chapter five

The man had put me on his back, and dragged me to a camp that was set up in the middle of nowhere. As soon as we walked around the first tent, there were several eyes staring at me. People were talking with each other, without losing eye contact with me. I knew that something bad was going to happen, the only thing that I didn't know was what was going to happen.

"Hudson.", ethan said, as he bow his head.

"Ethan.", Hudson said and gave Ethan a sign that he could drop Loris. Ethan thankfully let go of Loris, and Loris quickly felt the ground.

"This is the man you were asking for.".

"thank you Ethan.". Hudson looked at Loris with a glance of disgust, and told his people to bring him inside the tent. Ethan followed Hudson inside his tent, and sat down on the ground. "Wel, wel, wel. What are we going to do with you?".

I was shivering on the ground, and wanted to get away from here. It didn't seem like I was getting an opportunity to get away, but I could make one myself. The only thing that had to change, was there attention point. If they weren't concentrating on me, I could run away, towards home, the place I belong. "Maybe you could get me something to eat, I'm hungry".

"Well I don't think I can do that", Hudson said, while he stared into the distance. "Ethan! Get him away from here, lock him down by a tree near the water source, but don't give him water. We will do the regular ritual, he seems like a regular guy."

I forced a smile on my mouth, "thank you, you're polite, more than I expected.". Hudson seemed to like my "joke". Being sarcastic was one of the thing that I did way to often. Many people told me to be careful with that, but I didn't care about there feeling. If people wanted to hate me, I let them. There is no point in making people like you, who don't. Wasting your time, that is what I called it.

Ethan walked towards me, and raised me up. I could feel that he had trouble with my weight on his shoulders. "I can perfectly walk on my own if you want.".

"There's no need to.", he said simply, so I decided to make myself heavier that I was, so he would have more trouble getting me to the right place. He walked towards a big three, with iron circles attached to it, where I would be locked onto. He threw me on the ground, and the air escaped out of my lungs.

"Thank you.".

"You're Welkom.".

"I'm surely.",I said as quiet as I could.

"What?".

"Nothing darling, there was some sand in my mouth.". I saw the disgusted look on his face, and couldn't help back a little smile. "Welkom to my humour.", I said, but Ethan didn't reply to it. "Who's that old man?".

"Who?".

"You know, that old beard that told you to lock me onto a tree, to suffer.".

"You mean Hudson?".

"No, I was talking about your grandma, dog nose.". I let out a sight. "How am I supposed to know what he is called?".

"Hudson is head of the camp, our leader.", Ethan said, like he didn't hear me insulting him. "He has been around for a long time, and served us well. He never let us down, and solved all our problems.".

"That sounds like a man who pays a lot.".

Ethan looked at me with disgust. "How do you mean, you know, pays a lot.".

"You know, for people to solve him with his problems.". Ethan didn't reply, and it seemed like this conversation was over. In the meantime I got a rope attached to me, and the tree, romantic. Ethan walked away, but came back quickly, with a chair, two glasses and bottle of whiskey. He sat down in the sun, and looked at me. "I'm sorry to ask, but can I get some whiskey.". The fact that he brought two glasses made me think that he brought one for me. He looked down to his bottle, and it seemed like he was thinking of what he was going to do. "I get that you're attached to you're whiskey, I would either. But the fact that you took two glasses means something.". Ethan looked up to me and opened the bottle. I had some hope left that I could get some. When Ethan has opened his bottle of whiskey, he turned it, and let the whiskey float into his mouth. He sat down in front of me, drinking away the whole bottle of whiskey. "Hey man! Can I get some whiskey?". He didn't respond, so I stood up and run towards him. He sat in my circle and I could get to him. He quickly stood up, and ran backwards, until he was out of my range.

"Hands off my whiskey!", he yelled, as he drank the last of what was over in the bottle. I knew that standing here wasn't going to help me, and that I had more change of living if I spared my energy. I walked away, and sat down in the shade. Ethan moved his chair, and sat down either.

"You have no idea of what they are going to do with you loris.".

"Thanks for reminding.". It was silent for a while, until I couldn't stand the thought that I didn't know what was going to happen to me. " so what are they going to do to me". Ethan moved a lot what made me nervous.

"I don't know if you want to know that.".

"There's a reason why I'm asking you this Ethan, for an answer.". Ethan was silent for a while, and looked me in my eyes.

"Hudson doesn't show mercy, and he made that very clear. I'm not allowed to tell you what he is going to do with you, but if I was you, I would think of a way to get out of here before dawn.".