Honey roses

Sunlight leaped through the uncovered glass waking up the sleeping beauty tangled in blankets. She had slept on the floor that night since she didn't own a bed yet. Yesterday had been an important step in her life, her new life she wanted to say.

She had finally settled down which is weird for a nineteen year old to say but she was usually the weird one of the lot anyways, so why be normal?

She needed to get a couple things like a mattress because the floor could only be considered comfortable for so long, it will have to do for now she still needed a job but that could wait another week or at least she hoped so. If anything else was needed the decision would be made at the store.

A loud honk made the antique window frames tremble along to the strong vibration.

She instantaneously stood up but her eagerness made her to forget her feet were still tangled together by the numerous blankets she needed to snuggle warmly with at night.

Five minutes of untangling later she opened the front entrance to greet the man jumping out of the delivery van.

She signed the piece of paper he handed and immediately went to open the car trunk. A warm scent of roses crashed in waves enveloping them. Sitting there was piles of flowery gold flooded in morning light.

She squealed in delight before picking up the first pot. It must've taken a good thirty minutes to unload the entirety of the yellow roses from the van and place them across the old studio. The delivery boy who had been pretty annoyed at first now seemed legit impressed.

"Well that's a first there lady cause I ain't never seen that kind of crazy before." He stared through the window at the flowers.

"Yep that's what I like to go for." She breathed out looking at her completed work. " You're the one who does all the deliveries around here huh."

"Yep all though your self-bought rose truck is the only reason I'm even working today," He ranted teasingly " I mean there should be a limit to self-appreciation."

She looked at him with a deep frown. He started to worry he had vexed her especially when he was trying to flirt because let's not lie she was pretty hot and he was a seventeen year old boy full of hormones and teen angst.

" You do pizza too? She finally blurted out.

He scoffed and ruffled her hair in payback. She laughed and pulled out of his hand's way in a weak attempt at saving her wine red locks.

" Wanna come inside for tea?" She proposed to him.

He smiled gratefully and came in taking off his hat in the doorway.

"My heart may ache for you but my head is clear."