Chapter 1

Y/N POV

"Jimin, C'mon! We're gonna be late!" I yelled at him, pulling him alongside me. Holded his hand and walking with a quick pass. Jimin groaned out loud, letting me know that he didn't want to go for like the 100th time. I sighed, letting go of his hand and walking beside him. I looked up at him, and he looked down at me. His glossy eyes stared at me for a few seconds then looked down.

"Who would want to go to a place where you could get called up to your death? I don't want to witness the faces of the tributes that are chosen. I've seen too many of those faces over the years. I'm scared the same thing would happen to you like what happened to your boyfriend and my little sister,"Jimin said in a low voice.
I lost my boyfriend to the Hunger Games. It was a few years ago. I almost forgot. He was a nice, big, strong man. He was killed by a big fire started by one of the other tribute setting fire to the forest. Jimin lost his sister to an arrow shot in her chest the same year my boyfriend went in. Cold blood. A little 12-year-old child murdered in cold blood by a man from District 3. He ended up winning that year. The 89th Hunger Games.

"That won't happen. I won't let it. Okay?" I tried to reassure him, but it didn't work. He felt uneasy the whole walk to the square.
All the kids are arranged by age. I'm 17 and I'm a girl. So I go with the 17-year-old girls. Jimin is 19, so he can't be elected anymore. Last year was his last year to be picked. Luckily, he wasn't at all. But for some odd reason, I feel nervous, like something bad is gonna happen. I have a big brother, but he's 22 years old. He already passed this. I have no other people in my family that could get picked. What's with me?

"Welcome to the 93rd Hunger Games! Let's get right to it!" The announcer yelled into the microphone. That's weird. We usually watch a 30-minute video about the rebellion a long time ago and why the Hunger Games even existed. But we're going straight to calling the tributes? What's going on? I thought, looking over at Jimin. He's staring at me so intently. Like he's scared for me. I quickly look away when the announcer cleared her throat.

"First, we'll start with the ladies, of course." She put her hand into the bowl of names of papers that the GameMakers made us put while we were all lining up with our age group. My breathing hitched while she started to say the name. My heart was beating so fast. I could see my mother and brother to the side of me, along with Jimin and his friends. Some of his friends are in here too. I hope they don't get chosen. My hands were trembling while she says the name. " Y/N. Now, where is our Y/N?" My body froze when everyone turned back to look at me. Their eyes looking at me in horror. Scared for me. Everyone knows me. I'm friends with everyone. And now, I'm sure, one of everyone's friend is going to die in that arena. I'm gonna die there. I'm gonna die. I start to walk towards the stage where the announcer was and I could hear Jimin scream-crying.

"NO! Y/N! Please! Let me volunteer! Please! Y/N, Please! Don't let her go!" Jimin yelled, but he can't volunteer. He's a guy and he's older than 18. He can never be in the Hunger Games. I saw from the side of my vision, Jimin trying to push through people to get to me. But his friends are holding him back. I can see their faces. Their distraught as well. I walk onto the stage while the announcer wraps her arm around my shoulders. My face was puffy from crying. I don't know when I started crying, but I'm crying hard. I'm trying to keep my composer. My heart felt like it was gonna burst. I looked at Jimin being held down next to my mother and his friends.

"Please, welcome Y/N Y/L/N!" The announcer yelled into the microphone, Making the people clap their hands and force a smile. But I know, they hate this way more than I do. I stand there, looking at my feet, avoiding anyone's gaze. I'm still crying. I'm scared, but I have to get over it, to keep me strong.
"Alright! Now the boy tribute!" The announcer smiled and dug her hand into the bowl of boy names. She pulled one out and unraveled the paper. I see the name on the piece of paper before she announces it. Oh my God...This can't be happening, I thought.