Chapter 3

I wake up. I look around and notice I'm at Hank's house. It is around seven in the morning. I look over and see Hank sitting on a chair watching tv. "Hey Hank?" I say tiredly. I am actually kind of hungry. But I'm too lazy to make breakfast so, we'll go out to eat.

"Yeah?"

"I know it's not breakfast but, wanna go to that food truck you always talk about?"

"Hell yeah. Lemme grab my coat." Hank gets up and goes upstairs.

"Okay." I tiredly get up and grab my trench coat. I walk to the kitchen to see Connor sitting on the floor, getting playfully attacked by Sumo. I chuckle.

     "Oh hello Y/N. Is there something you need?"

     "Yeah actually. Hank and I are going to go to a food truck. Wanna come? Wait, do androids even eat?"

     "We can, but it's not required."

"Oh, well you could still come and hang out with us."

I mentally face palm myself. Why do I want him to come so badly? And why am I being so awkward about it?

     "It would be crucial for the investigation for us to get to know each other better. So yes, I will join you and Hank."

     "Okay, well we're leaving in a minute."

     "Alright I'm right behind you." Connor stands up, gently pushing Summo aside.

I nod in response and walk out of the kitchen. I tighten my trench coat as I walk out of the house, hearing Connor walk behind me. I shiver at the sudden temperature change, the rain making it colder.

I quickly call a taxi and Hank rushes out of the house. We all get in, Hank and I in the front and Connor in the back. Hank is the first to speak, "Why did you have to go and invite this thing?" Hank points harshly towards Connor.

     "Hank." I exclaim. "Quit being so mean, he's done nothing wrong." Hank rolls his eyes.

     "Just let him hang out with us." I state.

     "Whatever kid."

     The rest of the car ride is in a tense silence, except the blasting radio. I look out the wet window seeing the lights of Detroit pass by. Luckily the tension lowered when we arrive.

     "You two stay here." Hank demands and leaves, almost getting hit by a car in the process.

     Smooth Hank, real smooth. I start to get out. "Um, Y/N. He told us to stay here." Connor states the obvious.

     "Connor we don't have to listen to him. Come on. Let's go get food."

     Connor's LED flashed yellow then back to blue. He hesitantly gets out with me. "Oh and Connor?" He looks at me. "Don't worry about Hank, he'll get used to you." Connor smiles and nods. We head towards the food truck.

     "God damn it. I told you guys to stay. Don't you ever listen?" Annoyance is clear in Hank's voice.

     "Nope." I smirk.

     Hank rolls his eyes. He seems to do that a lot. We awkwardly stand there waiting for the food.

     "Here you go Hank." The food truck guy gives Hank two burgers and two drinks.

     "Thanks Gary."

     Hank starts to walk over to a table. I follow him. "Hey, don't leave this thing here." Gary tells Hank.