L's Reasoning

During the night, L had stacked up on various sweets and sugars while analyzing footage of the interactions that each member of the investigative task force had with their assigned roommates. Out of all of them, he found the one with Shuichi Aizawa and Touta Matsuda to be the most interesting, but did not think too much about it and instead directed his attention to the ones between Light Yagami and Kiyomi Takada. They obviously had a lot of chemistry and their communication went just beyond words. L was well aware of that before recruiting them into the 'game', and examined the mannerisms of each member well beyond their knowledge before allowing them to play in the game. So, it was no surprise that L was suspicious of Light Yagami, a teenager with intelligence that corresponded with L's. He made sure to investigate both Kiyomi Takada and Light Yagami during the nighttime and the morning, but could not find anything to accuse them of being in any way suspicious or strange. Tomorrow would be yet another debate phase and L had to be ready. He continued to look over the messages that the investigators sent and found nothing wrong with them. Most of them had elaborated on the theory that L had produced, but none of them had particularly caught his attention.