chap 2

Chapter 2: Chihiro

Chihiro moved to Tokyo during her first year in college, and her parents decided to stay in Osaka. Chihiro lives in an apartment with her old friend Rumi, and her new friends Aika and Mica.

Chihiro was a major in theatre and arts in Tokyo University of the Arts. She had been studying there for a year already and everything was going great. She had been the top student in her classes, she won trophies and medals for best in caricature, painting and drama. Her life seemed great and perfect, however she felt like something was missing, though she wasn't quite sure what was it.

Aika, Mica and Rumi went ahead to their school while Chihiro decided to stay behind. She was still going to finish her masterpiece for their batch exhibit. She took the cloth covering her canvas, took her oil paint set and brushes, then sat on a stool and started finishing her work.

There's still a lot of time for her to finish it, it was just 7:10 and the bell doesn't ring until 8:00. She dipped her brush in green oil paint and started painting the soulful eyes of the boy that she drew. For thirteen years she had been dreaming of exactly one thing. It was about a queer, enchanting place full of monsters and spirits and phantoms.

She would always find herself running to find some place safe, then in a matter of minutes she would start fading. Then this boy, with captivating emerald eyes would let her eat something that prevented her from disappearing. And just as she was about to ask the boy's name, she would always wake up. 'Great timing!' as Chihiro would say.

She thought of the boy as 'handsome', and she found it really bizarre that she sort of have fallen in love with that boy in her dreams, though she didn't even know what his name was. Thinking about it made her shudder, but she just shrugged it off. She finished her work around 7:45 and her school was just a walking distance so she didn't have to worry about getting late.

Chihiro packed her things , locked their apartment and walked to the university. As soon as she arrived there, she proceeded to her class and took a seat beside Aika.

"Hey Chihiro, what took you so long?" Aika asked.

"Oh, I still finished my work." Chihiro replied

"Can I see?"

"Sure." Chihiro smiled and handed the canvas to Aika

Aika carefully examined the painting, the background was a beautifully painted river, the water was clear and soothing. And there's this boy that Chihiro drew in almost all of her art works.

"Isn't this the boy you always draw?" Aika cocked up her eyebrow

"Yes it is." Chihiro timidly said, she hadn't noticed that she was slightly blushing

"Oh my gosh is he your childhood crush? Or better yet, your boyfriend?" Aika frantically said

"No!" Chihiro blushed even more

"Alright what's the catch then?"

"I don't know, I just always see him in my dreams."

"You're in love with some dude that you just saw in your dreams?" Aika looked puzzled

"Oh never mind that.. and I am not in love with him." Chihiro defended

"Alright as you say." Aika winked, Chihiro just pretended to ignore that, she might be nosy at times, but she's still a great friend.

Their professor stepped inside their classroom and stood in front of the class.

"Good morning Mr. Hikashi." The whole class chorused