chap 10

Chapter 10: determination

Chihiro's POV

I laid awake in my bed when I woke up early in the morning. I thought about what Haku said.. About dying(intentionally). What if I don't end up in the spirit world? What if I'd just hurt my parents for nothing? Thinking about it made me feel guilty. I love mom and dad and I don't want to hurt them, ever. But.. I love Haku too.

Thirteen years ago I gave up staying at the spirit world to save my parents, this time I'm deciding for myhappiness... to be with the only guy I have ever loved. Maybe my decision isn't so wrong? Ugh! All this is just so confusing.

'Knock, knock, knock' there was a knock on the door, I stood up and opened it and saw mom standing outside my room all dressed up in her jogging pants and white top.

"Mom... you're up early." I said

"I was planning to jog at the park, I asked your dad but he seemed to be too lazy to wake up, I was wondering maybe you could join me." Yuko said

I thought for a second "Sure, why not? I'll get dressed."

"Okay sweetie, I'll wait for you downstairs." Mom said as she closed the door behind her.

I opened my closet and got my shorts, pink tank top and white jacket. I swiftly changed, not wanting to let Haku see me naked again in case he wakes up. I put on my sneakers and slipped out of my room.

"Let's go mom." I said as I went outside, mom tagged along behind me. Mom and I walked on the paved street going to the only park in our neighborhood. The chilly autumn wind blew on us when we got there.

"It's been a long time since we've last jogged together." Mom said smiling at me

I smiled back "Yeah, it has been a long time." I said as I zipped my jacket halfway

Mom and I jogged around the park seeing some old friends of ours every now and then, each commenting on how big I have grown into. We had five rounds of jogging 'round the park and finally sat on a bench in front of the big fountain at the center of the park.

"I'm worn-out." I panted

"I'm wondering who's older than us, me or you." Mom said as she smirked at me

I nudged her on the arm and laughed "Oh whatever mom." I playfully said

"C'mon Chihiro. Let's go buy that blueberry smoothie we always buy after we jog."

I smiled as I accompanied mom to the smoothie store near our house and bought two blueberry smoothies for us. We stayed at the store for a little while before we went home.

When we got back at the house still, nobody was awake. I helped mom cook breakfast after I took a bath. We cooked rice balls and sautéed chicken.

"That friend of yours seems nice." Mom said as she placed the plates on the table

"He is." I said, smiling

"It's weird, but... I think I saw him before. Somewhere."

"What?"

"I think I saw him before,"

"Where?" 'Could it be possible for mom to remember?' I thought inwardly

"I don't know. It's odd, but I had a dream long time ago, I was stuck in a queer place together with you and your dad. You wondered off, your dad and I can't seem to stop eating food for some reason, like it's enchanted or something. Suddenly we saw a big woman dressed in blue with a big nose, standing behind us. I couldn't hear what she was saying, but after a few seconds, something weird happened to your dad and I, we turned into pigs. Then a boy, that looks a lot like your friend Hatsu, lead us to a stable. He told us that he'll do whatever he can do to save us."