roommate 17

After speaking for another or so, Sakura decides to head back to her own dorm considering it's past midnight now and Eunbi should be coming back soon. But before go out of the door she doesn't forgot to say "Go get your girl" to Chaeyeon clearly she's one of the shipper. After that Chaeyeon and her exchange one last hug goodbye before she heads out of the door and once again, Chaeyeon is alone in the empty room with her thoughts of her roommate. Wherever she is.

She trudges into the bathroom where she wipes off her makeup, brushes her teeth, and takes a long hot shower. She lost track of time and wound up staying in there for an hour and when she walked back out in the room, she spots Eunbu curled up in her bed with the covers over her head just like she always does. She really just looks like a little ball underneath her blanket.

Chaeyeon's heart rate gradually beats faster now that she's come to terms with her feelings as she continues to silently stare at her. Well, she continues to silently stare at the mound on the bed. Same thing. They're both Eunbi.

Chaeyeon tiptoes across the floor and over to the bed. She takes a cautious seat on the edge of it and places a gentle hand on what she assumes to be Eunbi's back. "Did you just get in?" Chaeyeon ask quietly.

Eunbi doesn't say anything. In fact, all she does is nod her head.

"Oh," Chaeyeon says simply. Eunbi is probably tired. She usually doesn't stay up this late on a regular basis anyways. "Okay. Well, goodnight."

Chaeyeon stays there for a minute to wait for her to say it back, but she never does. With a small sigh, she just gets up, turns the lights off, and crawls into her own bed without another word. She shouldn't really be making a big deal out of it, but she really was hoping to talk to Eunbi tonight. Not about her feelings or anything because the timing couldn't be any worse, but because talking to her is her favorite part of the day and she hasn't heard her voice since this morning. But that's okay. She can always just talk to her in the morning.

Or so she thought.

Chaeyeon woke up fairly early, as per usual, and glanced over to see an empty and perfectly made bed on the other side of the room. She looks towards the bottom of the bathroom door to see that the lights are off.

Eunbi's gone.

Chaeyeon frowns deeply. Is she okay? Eunbi never wakes up early unless she has to and it's weird for Chaeyeon to wake up after her. She didn't say anything to her last night and Chaeyeon just let it slide but now it feels like something is going on and she can't help but feel like Eunbi is avoiding her.

Chaeyeon feels kind of silly for stressing about this. Eunbi could just be in a bad mood or something and she just wants some time alone. Chaeyeon feels like that often. Hell, everyone does.

But it's making her sad now. If she's being honest. Sad and confused. Eunbi is acting different than her usual self and that is just proof that something is on her mind and it doesn't help that Chaeyeon's struggling with her own feeling with for her. Because she likes Eunbi, she just wants to talk to her all the time. Now that they haven't spoken and that Eunbi is kind of ignoring her, it sucks. It really sucks.

After brushing her teeth and washing her face, Chaeyeon puts her earphones on and tries her best to work on any assignments that she has for class in attempt to get her mind off of it. Maybe Eunbi will comeback in a bit.

But who is she kidding? No amount of idle busy work would get her roommate out of her mind. It's like Eunbi has a permanent place inside her head. Chaeyeon finds herself thinking about her all the damn time and that was definitely the case even while she was on her date with Changbin.

After a couple of long, miserable, and lonely hours, Chaeyeon forcefully removes her earphones and slams her laptop cover down. She couldn't handle it anymore. The anticipation and the uncertainty were killing her and she wasn't going just to wait around and sulk and wonder if they're okay.

So she quickly slips her shoes on and heads out of the door.

Chaeyeon searched all over the campus for her roommate. She checked all of Eunbi's usual hangout spots, such as he gym, library, and track only to find tha she wasn't anywhere to be found. It wasn't until Chaeyeon was trudging back towards her room in hopeless defeat after a while that she spotted Eunbi's black hair sitting underneath an isolated tree with a book in her lap. Of course she would be in the last place that she would look.

Without even thinking, Chaeyeon dashes over and drops down to her knees in front of her face. Eunbi was startled, considering she practically jumped a couple of inches off of the ground. She looks ate her in puzzlement. "Chaeyeon?" she questions

"Unnie are you okay?"

Eunbi is quiet for a moment before she breaks their gaze "I'm fine." She mumbles evasively, fingers fumbling with the pages of her book. Chaeyeon knows her well enough to know that that's total bullshit. Her body language just screams the opposite.

Chaeyeon scoots her body closer to her and places a hand on Eunbi's ankle. She wasn't going to accept that answer. "Please talk to me," Chaeyeon whispers pleadingly. She can tell that there is something seriously bothering her and she wants to do whatever she can to help her with it. She cares too much about her tp let her deal with any issue alone.

After what felt like forever, Eunbi releases a deep sigh. Chaeyeon sits up expectantly, waiting for her to speak. Eunbi begins to open her mouth to speak when...

"Chaeyeon!"

Chaeyeon's head turns around behind her and she spots Changbin heading towards them with a smile on his face. He waves politely and Chaeyeon lets out a small huff of annoyance. Perfect timing. "Hi Changbin" she forces out as she looks up to him, hoping it wasn't obvious that she was beyond peeved that she was interrupted.

"I just, uhm, wanted to tell you again that I had really nice time last night," he says timidly but sweetly.

Chaeyeon fakes a smile. Under normal circumstances and if they were anywhere else at another time, she wouldn't mind to have a conversation with him. But right now, she can't care less about him. "I did too." She lies. She had more important things to worry about. "But give me a second, okay?"

She turns around and is surprised to see that Eunbi wasn't there. In fact, she wasn't anywhere around them. Chaeyeon curses under her breath as she runs her fingers to her hair in distress. "God, damn it, Changbin," she mutters irritably "I was talking to her!"

Changbin's face turns red with embarrassment and guilt. "I'm-I'm sorry," he stutters foolishly. "I didn't mean to interrupt or anything I was just-"

"-Where did she go?" Chaeyeon demands, eyes still searching around the premises for any indication of her. She would feel bad for snapping at him, but she was past feeling any remorse.

"I don't know," he mumbles feebly "I'm sorry."

Without another word, she simply gets up on her feet as her mind races to come up with a possible location where Eunbi could be

--

Chaeyeon is sitting on the rooftop of the furthest building on campus where the area is practically deserted. Hardly anyone ever goes around here. She should know considering she would spend a lot of time up here by herself in solitude whenever she needed some time to herself and/or she needed a good cry. Today she needed both.

After Changbin's interruption earlier she goes everywhere to find Eunbi, but she didn't find her anywhere in the campus so she decided to go back to their dorm expecting her in their room. Eunbi needs to go back there too. But along the way, she heard someone talking in the comfort room not going to gossip to them expecting teenagers she continues to walk but then she heard Eunbi's voice. Feeling curious of who is Eunbi talking with she stop her tracks to listen them talk.

"What are we doing here?" Eunbi ask voice glace with curiosity.

"Unnie I'm not going to make this long but I love you, please let me court you" the voice respond.

Chaeyeon thinks that the other voice seems familiar to her so she peep to them only to be shocked of what she saw.

It's Kim Chaewon.

Her Ex.