roommate 19

"Eunbi, you have to get up or else you're going to be late." Chaeyeon scolds as she gently shakes her roommate's shoulder incessantly. "Please get up."

"No," Eunbi groans irritably, throwing the blanket over head. "Let me be."

Chaeyeon chuckles as she shakes her head. "I told you to go to sleep many times last night but guess who refused?"

"Cause I wanted to stay up and talk to you," Eunbi sleepily mumbles, voice muffled by the blanket.

Chaeyeon blushes. It's not like Eunbi is even trying and yet she's still capable of making Chaeyeon's heart feel like it is going to burst.

But then an idea that will benefit them both pops into her mind. "How about this?" Chaeyeon begins her proposal. "If you get your ass up right now and get to class, I will take you to the coffee shop place tonight and you can have anything your heart desires. My treat."

Chaeyeon smiles in satisfaction when Eunbi slowly begins to pull the blanket down from her face, her eyes still squinting a bit against the bright light of the sun through the window.

"Are you... asking me out?" she asks as her cheeks blush.

Chaeyeon nods enthusiascally. "Think of it as our reattempt at the first date we should have had," she smiles.

And just like that, scrambles out of bed.

--

Chaeyeon is sitting in her car nervously at night as she waits for Eunbi to arrive. She messaged her to meet her here at 19:30 as Eunbi still has a class.

All day, she wasn't scared or worried about their little "date" tonight at all. In fact, she was anxiously waiting for this time to roll around. But now that she's actually sitting here, waiting, the swarm of nerves came out of nowhere and just started attacking her.

She's getting horrible flashbacks of how she felt right before her "first" first date with Eunbi. Except this time it's different. Believe it or not, she feels worse than she did before. This time, she knows that it's actually Eunbi and that terrifies her more than meeting a person she's never seen before. Eunbi intimidate the hell out of her.

And speaking of the lovely devil. Chaeyeon spots Eunbi jogging down the steps towards her car.

"Oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit," she mutters under her breath repeatedly as she turns the car engine on and unlocks the passenger door for Eunbi. Might as well get it all out now. "Fuck fuck fuck fuck."

Chaeyeon shuts right up when Eunbi opens the door and steps inside. Chaeyeon can vaguely smell her vanilla-scented perfume that she loves oh so much and that only makes her feel uneasier. It finally hit her that she's actually about to redo the date they were originally supposed to have the first time and she wanted to make it right and memorable.

"Hi," Eunbi smiles brightly.

It was like Chaeyeon suddenly forget how to speak and she just wound up staring at Eunbi idiotically for a few seconds before she finally gets it out of her. "Oh! Hi,"

She laughs nervously. It was only a one-syllable word and she couldn't even say it without fumbling? She would spend hours upon hours talking to her stupid shit in the middle of the night and she can't even say "hi?" god help her the rest of the night.

She didn't even realize just how tightly she was clutching the gearshift until she felt the tips of Eunbi's fingers lightly caress the inside of her wrist. "Are you okay?" Eunbi asks, face filled with concern.

Chaeyeon releases her death grip on the lever and nods her head a little too excessively. "Yea, sorry, I'm kind of nervous right now," she admits honestly. Eunbi is one of the most understanding people she knows. There's no need to lie to her.