1.2 - The Plan

Claudia sat on the floor in Klaus's room, trying to pull her focus together to work on her empathetic side. She took deep breaths, focusing on the emotions surrounding the house. Pogo, he was in the basement, was focusing hard on something. He was worried, for the family, for each and every one of the Hargreeves siblings.

Then there was Five— Klaus's frustration with the ball of yarn he was playing with on the bed drew her from her focused state. "Can you quit getting angry at the yarn? It's making me lose focus," she asked politely.

"Sorry, " Klaus apologized, putting the knitting needles in his hands down and sitting up. He hadn't bothered to put a shirt on when they returned upstairs. "I just need something to do with my hands. Being sober is a lot of work."

Just then, Five walked into the room. "Get up, we're going," he announced, stepping around Claudia's spot on the floor.

"Where?" Claudia asked, getting up to stand. She turned to look at Five and frowned. She was sixteen years older than him as far as his body went, but she was still shorter than he was.

"To save the world," Five stated, pacing the room as he waited for Klaus to get his clothes on.

"Oh is that all?" He asked, pulling on a pair of socks.

"Pogo said Dad killed himself to get us all back together," Five started. Claudia nodded, not exactly sure where he was going with this. "So it got me thinking. I had to jump to the future to figure out when it happened, but Dad can't time travel. So how did the crazy bastard know to kill himself a week before the end of the world?"

"Well, you know," Klaus started.

"Don't answer that, it was purely rhetorical," Five continued, "Truth is, our whole lives he's been telling us that we were training to save the world from an impending apocalypse."

"Yeah, but I thought he always said that to get us to do our chores," Claudia answered, moving to lean on the doorframe.

"Me too!" Five exclaimed, "But what if the old man really knew what was going to happen?"

"How?" Klaus asked, pulling a tie-dye shirt over his head. It didn't even come down to his waist, the hem stopping just before his bellybutton.

"No idea, but the fact remains, his plan worked. We all came home. Since we're here we might as well save the world," Five turned to make his way out of the room, and Klaus followed, Claudia close behind.

"What, like the three of us?" Klaus answered excitedly, wrapping a jacket around his shoulders.

"Ideally no, but I've got to work with what I've got," Five sighed.

As the small group exited the room and made their way down the hall, Diego came darting toward them, swinging into his room.

"Where have you been?" Claudia asked, poking her head around the doorframe behind him.

"Jail," Diego answered, "Long story. Where's Luther?"

The three of them collectively shrugged. "Haven't seen him since breakfast," Five answered.

"Two days until the world ends, he picks a great time to drop off the grid," Klaus said. They all watched as Diego threw on his leather knife holsters.

"Shit," he swore. "Allison is in danger." 

The group ventured out to find Luther. They didn't have very far to go, he was just at the bar down the street. As they walked, Diego explained that Vanya's boyfriend had been convicted for murder, and Allison had decided to go after him alone.