1.5 - The End

Author's note ; shout out to all my local comic shop employees for helping me hunt down all of the current issues of The Umbrella Academy this past week and also to my tattoo artist for making me an official Hargreeves child. ❤☂️

Also THANK YOU all for reading and voting and spreading the love! Be sure to check out the Bonus Content story on my page for additional scenes featuring Claudia and Klaus and their other siblings. :)

"Okay, I didn't want to say this, but everyone needs to prepare," Luther started.  The rag-tag family had taken a place at one of the lanes.

Number Five sat in the middle chair. To his left were Allison and Luther. To his right, Claudia sat herself between Klaus and Ben, Diego sitting at the far end of the chairs there.

"For what?" Diego asked, giving Luther a look that could cut glass.

"In case we have to stop Vanya," he answered. Allison smacked his chest with her notepad. "It might be our only option."

"Bullshit," Diego piped up, "There's always another option."

"Yeah, like what?" Five asked. The little mercenary had spent so much time killing to protect the timeline that he had forgotten there could be other ways to fix it.

"We have to protect her," Claudia hopped in. "We've already done her enough psychological damage. I'm the only one who knows how she feels, and I can change the way she does."

The group other than Klaus and Ben all gave her confused looks. Claudia exhaled, and dug into explaining. "I hid a facet of my powers from dad because I was afraid of how he would have me use them. When we were teenagers, Ben would come to me in confidence to have me alter his mood. I can swap any emotion for an emotion of my choice, but the price is I have to feel their original feeling. Ben would ask me to take his depression, so I would. We would swap it for happiness every night before bed," Claudia elaborated, "I need to do the same with Vanya. I just need to get close enough and get into that realm again, and if I focus, I can swap her rage for love."

"It makes sense, you were meant to balance her, right?" Luther stated. "But she could be anywhere."

"Or here," Klaus shook the paper he still had in his hands from earlier. Claudia and Ben peeked over his shoulder. Vanya's concert was tonight. 

"That's right," Diego said.

Over their shoulders a thin, teenage bowling alley employee approached. "Excuse me, but my boss says if you're not going to bowl, you have to leave."

Claudia gave her credit for trying to be nice about it, but pulled an Allison on her anyway. "I heard a rumor that your boss said we could stay as long as we want."

The girl just smiled and turned around, leaving them to sit in peace. Luther threw a bowling ball down one of the lanes for good measure, since Claudia hadn't gone over to rumor the manager.

Allison held up her notepad again.

She's our sister.

"We're the only ones capable of stopping her. We have a responsibility to Dad," Luther started.

"To dad?" Diego was dumbfounded at Luther's refusal to let go of their father. "I have heard enough about—"

"He sacrificed everything to bring us together again," Luther snapped. Claudia could hardly believe what she was hearing.

"I'm with Luther on this one," Five agreed, looking around at the family. When his gaze crossed Claudia's she narrowed her eyes at him. " We can't risk her fighting back. Billions of lives are at stake. We're past trying to save just one."