3. Reborn

I wake up in the dark room, my bedroom actually. Damn, life is going to be different from now on. Yesterday was one hell of a day. I've never been hit by an adult for misbehaving, it's so unreasonable!
I sit on the edge of my bed, my curious eyes scale the room. The bed is quite comfy despite its age. There's a faded blue chair in the corner right next to a lamp.
No wonder it's dark the lamps off. I walk over and pull a string to ignite the lightbulb. I notice a full glass door on the back wall. I walk over and push it open. A balcony with a variety of potted plants stands in front of me. It was small but nice. I liked it.
    I walk back into the room and shut the door behind me. Kaylee said she'd buy me a dresser but for now I'd have to survive without. Such a poor person problem. I sigh loudly then head down stairs for breakfast.
    Ms. Davis is already making breakfast for me.
    "Hello, dear. I'm making chocolate chip pancakes! Is there anything you'd like to drink?" I hate chocolate, I thought. Such an idiot. But, I wasn't going to say that, she was a nice women. Mostly, however, I didn't want Kaylee to pop me in the face again. Such abuse!
Kaylee comes bursting through the front door. "Hello Ms. Davis! Good morning my beautiful niece!" She plants a gently kiss on my forehead, then grabs a plate from Ms. Davis. Is she bipolar? Or maybe just delusional?
"Oh by the way, Dawn, I need your cellphone. Now." She looks up from her plate, as if wanting a rise from me.
"Bu- Fine." I mumble. I grab my phone out of my pocket and slide it across the counter to her. This house was going to kill me. Now how was I suppose to phone guys.
"Very well. As you can tell changes will be made while you are here," She claims.
"Such as?" I ask. Slightly annoyed and slightly scared.
Auntie Kaylee grins, "Your phone is being sold. You shall receive a brand new wardrobe. One with less.. Um, slut. Plus, you will be going to an all girl catholic school."
I didn't care about the wardrobe, phone, or being slut shamed. But a ALL FEMALE HIGH SCHOOL! No. Way. No. I literally can not.
"Speaking of such you will not need much of a wardrobe considering you'll be wearing a uniform. Oh! I almost forgot you may not go out with anyone without my permission AND your curfew is 7:30."
"Wait, what! That's so unreasonable! You can't expect me to switch my whole life style in the matter of a week!" I scream.
I was furious. I wanted to beat the fuck out of my aunt. I didn't of course. Ugh. She expects me to change so fast.
"Yes I do. In fact, take this outfit I bought and try it on. We are going to introduce you to the neighbors." She handed me a ridiculous outfit, it looked fit for a Harvard Law student. I sighed gently and quietly enough to be unheard.
-An hour later-
After taking a shower and getting dressed into that hideous outfit, I try to find my makeup. "Where is it?" I mumble.
"I threw it away." I turn to see my outrageously beautiful aunt in a dark blue dress and some white studded high heals. Her hair was pinned back and gently slopped behind her ear.
"Why?" I ask questionably.
"Because makeup hides your true beauty darling. And perhaps it would be a nice change. Don't you think?" She moves her hand in a motion to inform me that we are ready to leave.
As Aunt Kaylee and I walk she tells me things about the neighbors, "They have a very nice girl your age, who goes to your school." Boring, I don't care about that. "She also has a twin brother," She states. Intriguing.
Before Auntie can knock on the door a young man my age opens it. He doesn't pay me any attention.
"Hello Ms. Lincoln! Nice to see you." He chats with her for a good two minutes, then turns to me,
"You must be Dawn, I'm James." He looked me straight in the eyes and I was absolutely speechless. I    finally understood the fascination with blue eyes. They were cold yet warm. Mysterious yet an open book. Broken not shattered. He looked hurt and I could see it in his eyes.
    "Yes, I am. Nice to meet you, James." I smile awkwardly and almost trip and fall when he invites us in. What's happening I'm a wreck!
    I am seated at a long dark wood table across from James and his sister, Sophia.
    I sit quietly as Auntie explains why I'm living with her. So embarrassing. She says I'm a spoiled brat and needed whooped back into shape. The whole time I'm holding back so many feelings.
    Half way through dinner I look up from my plate to see James staring directly at me. He doesn't stop when I see him either. He's sitting there, as if, he's trying to read my every movement.
    He had dark black hair, his enchanting blue eyes and a crooked half-hearted smile. It freaks me out by how much he intrigued me.
    I rush a hurried sentence, "May I be excused? I need to use the restroom."
    Then James blurts our a little to loud for table manners, "I'll take her!" His parents and Auntie nod and go right back to their conversation.
    He takes me past the bathroom and upstairs. Oh damn. I think he's trying to get in my pants, I thought. I almost laugh at how quick he shuffled me upstairs.
    He takes me into a bedroom, I assume it was his bedroom based on the basketball decor and boys clothes on the floor.
    He tells me to sit, so I lay on his bed. Did he want to get laid or what?
    Who knew I was way wrong. This boy was going to change my life.