How it all began

Parents were always gone, little friends to hang out with so it's just me this tv and one long day, or at least that's what I thought.
Sitting in the living room reading  (F/B), I was so entranced in the book I didn't hear the door open, or the movement of people behind me.
"Ahhh." I screamed an jumped 10 feet in the air when I felt a hand grasp my shoulder, I heard chuckling behind me and turned around.
"Have a nice scare?" It was my Dad that asked the question my mom a laughing mess behind him.
"What are you guys doing here?" I ran to them and gave'em each a hug.
"Well since we couldn't be here on your birthday, we decided to fly out today and give you this before we had to head back tomorrow." My mom said as my dad and pulled out the game "Jumanji"and handed it to me.
"I love it thank you." I gave them a great big hug, the entire day the parents and I hung out catching up we even went to a cafe for supper (Dinner, I call it supper) it was later that night when everyone was asleep that I heard the drums coming from the board game I had just gotten, I opened the game and the drumming stopped, pulling out a game piece, I set it on one of the start positions took the dice and rolled it, the middle of the game had these glowing green words.
"In the jungle you must wait until the dice read 5 or 8." (The rule isn't going to apply because it gets changed into a video game later on) I was confused at what it meant, I then started screaming when I saw my hands turn to dust and I got sucked into the board game.
*In the Jungle*
I hit the ground in a superhero landing, standing from my position I looked around I was in some kind of Jungle.
"What the hell is going on." I was surprised to hear a different voice coming from my mouth.
"What the..why do I sound like this." I noticed a watering hole and rushed over to it, looking over the edge I noticed I didn't look like myself.
My blue-green eyes were a Dark brown,
my hair looked the same, noticing a ripple in the water I started backing up, I'm glad I did because a giant hippo hopped up and let out a loud roar, I took off screaming in a random direction, only to have another hippo cut me off making me run up a hill I stopped running when I heard a car horn.
"Dr.Jennifer Winchester welcome to Jumanji." I stared at him confused as hell was he talking to me? His Jeep doors open up.
"Well don't just stand their in you go." I heard the bellow of a hippo not to far behind and hopped into the back seeing another man in the front.
"Dr.Jennifer Winchester famous for helping the native tribes grow food, and for fighting off their enemies, we have been so anxious for your arrival." The man driving asked.
"Who are you?"
"Nigel Billingsley at your service, I've called you here for your help." The man I now know as Nigel said.
"Help with what?" The other man spoke up.
"You are to help find the Jaguar, you've been known as the most greatest female fighter next to ruby roundhouse." I turned to look at the other guy.
"Who are you?" I yelled at him.
"This Professor Russell Van Pelt, leader of this expedition." Nigel said.
"Why do you need me?"
"You are the only person to have been to the Jaguars statue, I wish to see it and document it everything you should have but didn't do."