35. New grade same s***

The days after my last story and leading up to the first day of my 7th grade year were fine. I hung out with my friends some and in that time Adam told Ashley about him being gay. We were completely left alone for the rest of the summer but when school started, everything went down hill. In some ways I was more scared for the first day of school last year but in other ways I was more nervous this year. Last year I had no idea who anybody was or what it'd be like or where stuff was. This year I don't have those unknowns but it's now the stuff I know will happen. Adam will be outed and tortured/ridiculed more than he already was. I'll go back to being bullied every weekday. I'll go back to the hell that so many people seem to enjoy putting me through. I got dressed in a cool tie-dye button down shirt and jeans then walked to the bus stop. I got in and sat with Lee who was sitting in front of Jason.

"Hey nerd, ready for a whole new year of hanging out with me?" He asked, "No, you're why I was nervous to start school again." I complained, "Come on, it's a whole new year. A year of wedgies, swirlies, doing my homework, getting beat up, and much more. Doesn't that sound like fun?" Jason replied, "No, it sounds ****ing horrible. And you're even more stupid than I thought if you honestly believe that's going to happen." I spat, "Well it is going to happen and it'll at least be fun for me." He laughed. Surprisingly he didn't do anything to me on the bus and we got to school fine. When we got there we were all funneled into the auditorium just like last year. I listened to the ceremony and when they got to the end they told us they would have sports here too and not just at the high school. He listed all the sports they would have, which were; soccer, basketball, baseball, swimming, and wrestling.

They made a soccer field and a baseball diamond behind the school. They installed basketball nets in the gym and they got mats and equipment for wrestling. They didn't build a pool though so the swim team will go to the high school to practice and compete. After that we were sent to our homerooms (We got our schedules a week before school started). My schedule was pretty much perfect. Ashley, Adam, Lee, and I all had homeroom together. Adam, Lee and I had 2nd period together and 3rd period was lunch. I shared 4th period with Ashley and 5th period with both Ashley and Adam. Then last period we were all together again. During homeroom we got our first day pictures taken. Then Lee, Adam, and I went to 2nd period, after that we met up with Ashley at lunch. Absolutely nothing had happened to any of us so far and it was kinda freaking me out. Ashley and I walked to 4th period and all went fine.

We were on our way to 5th when Ashley stopped to use the bathroom. While she was in there I saw Adam coming down the hall. My stomach dropped and I felt sick when I saw that his face was mangled. When he saw me he sped up and ran into me crying. We embraced and he just cried into my chest, "There were so many of them, I-I couldn't do anything. There were just so many." He sobbed. I tried to console him as he told me what happened but there was a fire burning in my chest that made it incredibly hard. I was p***ed at Jason and all his douche bag friends, they were way out of line. They dragged him into the locker rooms then stripped him down to only his underwear and took turns beating him and calling him homophobic slurs. Jason and 7 of his friends beat him and ridiculed him for close to 10 minutes. Ashley came out of the bathroom and looked horrified by Adam's face.

She also tried to console him and asked if he was okay. We walked the rest of the way to class and it went fine. When we were heading to last period I saw Jason talking to some girl. As soon as I saw him the fire in my chest grew back to it's original size. I walked right up behind him and tapped him on the shoulder. He turned around to be greeted by a fist that slammed into his nose. He fell to the ground and the girl he was talking to gasped then walked away. I repeatedly punched Jason until he could finally get me off, "WHAT THE ****?!" He growled, "That's not even close to all you deserve for doing that to Adam!" I snapped back, "That's what this is about? You're going to get your ass kicked because of some fag?!" He seethed. As soon as the word came out of his mouth I punched him in the face again. He came at me and took me down to the floor. We then started wrestling and throwing punches at each other.