Chapter 1: English Class📚

Simple Plan - I'm Just A Kid
🎶

You remember the day you met him.

Sal Fisher.

~~~

Tick. Tock
Tick. Tock.
"8:45" the clock read. It was a Monday morning in the middle of September. You were sitting in your first period class. English. Ugghh. This day is going to take forever you thought. You had your sketch book and your favorite baby pink mechanical pencil out to pass the time before class. It was a small book, you were practicing small creatures. You were really impressed with your latest work.

As you spaced out and focused on your doodle, you hear the bell ring. And as any responsible student would do, you completely ignore it and continue your art. Kids ran around to their desks and everyone got settled in. Your teacher walks in last and shuts the door.

"Good morning class." Says Mrs. White. Mrs. White was one of your favorite teachers. She was always nice to you and never put you down if you didnt understand something. One time you forget your lunch money at home and she gave you 2$ to buy something. You don't see many teachers like her anymore.

"Good morning Mrs. White." The class says in unison. You mumbled out a good morning. You are VERY focused on this elf with a battle axe.

"Class, today we have someone new joining us. He is here all the way from New Jersey. Please say hello." She said standing at the front of the room by the chalk board. You look up from your very important work and you see a boy. A boy with blue hair, pigtails and... a mask? He had on a black sweater and a pair of maroon jeans with holes in both the knees.

"His name is Sal Fisher." Says Mrs. White, earning a very monotone "heelllooo Saaalll" from a very sleepy English class.
"Sal, would you like to introduce yourself to the class?" She says in a very sweet tone.

"Uh.. sure.." he says. You can tell hes quite nervous.
"My name is Sal Fisher. I just moved here from New Jersey. But you already knew that since Mrs. White told you..." he trails off rubbing the back of his neck.

"WHATS WITH THE MASK!" yells some dumbass kid from the back. This earns a laugh from the class. Every one except you.
"I-Its a prosthetic..." Sal mumbles quietly with his head down. Wow, what an ass.
"Hey, leave him alone. We don't make fun of your weird yellow hair, do we?" You spat out. Earning another laugh from the class and, if you're not mistaken, a slight chuckle from Mrs. White as well.

"Eeehh fuck you goth bitch." He yells back. You roll your eyes and turn back around facing front once again. Whatever. This was nothing new to you. You were the only goth in this backwoods semi redneck school. You know what's like to be bullied for being different. Your hair was half black and half grey currently. You always had some sort of makeup to match your current hair colour, almost always paired with black lipstick. And you had 4 piercings. A septum, a double piercing on the right, and a single on the left. Today's outfit was a simple black dress with lace sleeves paired with a small corset, paired with basic ripped tights and some platform shoes. Not only did your shoes look badass, they helped because you were very.. very.. short..

"Thats enough class. Sal, why don't you take a seat. You can sit in the 4th row behind Andrew." Mrs. White motioned toward his seat while Andrew raised his hand to show were he was. Sal slowly walked to his new seat and set his bag down. All eyes on him.

All eyes. Including yours.

Mrs. White clears her throat, making everyone flinch and face forward. This makes Sal sigh in relief.
"Please open your books to chapter 12. Sal, since you don't have a book yet, feel free to just sit and listen." Says your teacher. The class groans as they get their books. Your current read is To Kill A Mockingbird. As she begins reading you find yourself slowing turning to glance at Sal. What you expected was a bored Sal to be staring all around the room at the posters in your class or staring out the window. However, what you got was, still a bored Sal, but a bored Sal that was glancing back at you as well.

You lock eyes for a moment. You swear on your life this boy has the most beautiful blue eyes you've ever seen. His right eye looked a bit strange. Almost like.. it was glass? Nonetheless, still brilliant, even if they are slightly hidden by his mask. A mask that was all white with a slight pink colour over the right side. He wore his bangs over the mask as well. You feel your lips curl into a slight smile. As you do this you see a small hand with black nails creep over the desk and return your smile with a small wave.

"Y/N, why don't you read the next paragraph for us." Says a slightly annoyed English teacher. You flinch and whip your head back to facing your book and scramble to find the paragraph she left off on. A slight blush creeps upon your face as you begin reading.

~Time skip to 5 minutes before class ends~

Ding. Ding.

You hear the warning bell ring. You gather your books and throw them in bag, zipping it up and adjusting the strap around you.

"Remember to write a summary on the events of what we read today class." Says Mrs. White as she sits down at her desk. Students got up and moved to mingle in the last few minutes of class. Everyone was talking to someone. Except Sal. He just sat in his seat kinda hunched over looking at his bag. Maybe I should go talk to him... You thought. You gather your book and slowly walk towards his desk.

"Uh hi.. I'm y/n. F/n L/n." You say shyly with your hand out. Hesitantly, Sal raises his head to look at you. He slowly moves his hand to meet yours, giving it a slight squeeze.

He speaks softly, "Oh hi.. I'm Sal, nice to meet you.." you smile at him. You decide to take the empty seat next to him.

"Ugh, look. Now we have TWO freaks in class." Says the same kid from earlier. Sal hears this and sighs. His first day already off to a rough start.

"Hey, don't listen to Travis. He's an idiot.", you say in hopes it will chear him up. Sal looks up at you and nods.

He clears his throat before speaking, "uh.. thank you for earlier... you didn't have to do that for me..." he says. You can tell no one has ever stood up for him before. That hurts your heart.

"Oh. Y-youre welcome. I know what it's like to be picked on, and no one should have to deal with that. Especially from Travis of all people." You say to him. He responds to this with a small laugh, and a cute one at that.

Ding. Ding. Ding.

The bells rings again meaning its time to head to 2nd period. You and Sal both shoot a look at the clock. You gather your bags and begin walking away from the desks and out the door.

"Do you know where your next class is? I can help you if you'd like.." you say almost shyly. You see Sal stiffin in panic slightly. He pulls his crinkled up schedule out of his pocket and hands it to you.

"Hmm.. 13A. That's right next to the library. I pass that on my way to math. I'll show you." You say, handing him back the paper as you begin walking over the threshold and out the door.

Mrs. White sees this and smiles. Just a little bit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1408 words.

Well shit, not bad for the first thing like this I've ever written. This is all based off this dream I had and I just felt like I needed to write it out. I'm not sure how often I'll update this but I'll try my hardest. I have a lot of time on my hands currently.

Let me know if you liked it!