Chapter 4: Study Date Pt. 1💌

Lacuna Coil - Spellbound
I'm re-discovering them and God damn it's good.

It had been a little over a month since you met this Sal Fisher. You sat with each other at lunch almost everyday and even exchanged phone numbers. He seemed to be more comfortable around you, and that made you happy.
Sal even made a few friends of his own as well. You were glad to see him begin to blossom

   As you two were sitting in your shared class you feel a vibration come from your pocket. It was a text from Sal. You flip open your phone to read it.

[S] hey, turn around

You close your phone and turn around to look at him. He had a pencil stuck in the nose part of his mask and his eye(s) crossed looking at you. This made you quietly laugh and smile.

"AH HEM" Mrs. White clears her throat. You whip your head back around so fast as Sal rips the pencil out of his mask. Both of you hanging your head in embarrassment.

  "As I was saying" she begins again, "I want you all to pick a partner for this next project. It will be 40% of this semester's grade." She says as she passes out poster board. When she hands you yours you look back at Sal to see hes already walking towards your desk. Great minds think alike I guess. He pulls out the seat in front of your desk, spins it around and sits down.

"You ready to kill this project?" He asks with a bit of sarcasm in his voice. He was in a good mood today. I wonder why.

"Kill as in ace or fail?" You ask, raising an eyebrow and giving a smirk. A smirk that made Sal blush just a little bit.

"I'm not sure yet." He laughs. Oh fuck that was a cute laugh. You laugh as well as you get your folder out, going through the paperwork and grabbing all your notes about the book. The project is to make a poster about the book you read, with chapter summaries and illustrations to retell the book in your own perspective. You lay the oversized poster board on the empty desk behind Sal and grab a blank piece of notebook paper to map out where everything should go. After a quick sketch you show Sal, who was already watching you work.

"How's this?" You ask him, holding up the blueprints like a 3 year old who's excited to show her mom her drawing. The chapters went in a big U shape and ended with a picture right in the middle. Everything flowed together nicely. So satisfying.

"Beautiful." He muttered softly. What? You couldnt quite understand him. When you looked up at him to ask him what he said you noticed he was, again, already looking at you.

"What was that?" You ask. This catches him off guard as he begins to stutter and frantically search for a pencil to begin the work.

"Oh uh-uh good! It looks good. Really good. Good job." He spits out. He focuses his attention to the paper as his face glows red. To bad you cant see past the mask. You, however, didnt have this problem, and the pink tint on your cheeks was quite noticable. With the remaining time in class you work on the poster. Well, kinda. You see, what happened was you were to busy chatting and laughing at each other, by the time class was over you had half of chapter 1 done, more like a very VERY rough draft. When you realized you didnt accomplish shit, this just made you two laugh more. You gathered your books and papers and headed out the door.

"Hey y/n.. are you doing anything after school?" He asks.

"I have a few chores to do, but other than that I'm free. What's up?" You say back.

"I was just wondering.. did you wanna hang out..? U-uh you know, to work on the project?" He asks nervously. You smile at this.

"Yes! Uh I mean.. sure, sounds good." That came out lot louder and more exciting than you thought. Oops. This makes him smile. At least you think so. You see his eyes and jaw move, it's safe to assume that's a smile. You keep walking and eventually reach your destination. Sal waves goodbye and continues to walk down the hall. You walk in and find your desk, trying to process what just happend.