Chapter 2: Lunch🥪

Song: Dance Gavin Dance - Son of Robot
A personal favorite
🎶

~

You showed Sal to his class then headed off to your own. If you're being completely honest you were a little worried about him. You knew how harsh kids in this school were, especially to new students. I hope hes okay... You push the thoughts aside and rush to your seat.

~~

Ding. Ding.

FINALLY. LUNCH BELL. After gathering your books you head to your locker, swapping out your book bag for a lunch bag. Today was bologna sandwich day. Gross. Now I'm not saying the schools food is terrible, however, any day now I was expecting it to grow legs and crawl out the window hissing.

You grab some headphones and turn on your dealing with idiots at school playlist. It was a healthy mix of death metal and k-pop. There was no in between. As you rock out you walk into the cafeteria. Your cafeteria had a small courtyard attached to it. It was a little under kept, a few weeds, bushes were starting to get out of hand. But in all honesty, you enjoyed it. Since you were the only one who sat out there you created a small nook to sit and relax in. As you begin walking towards the door you see a familiar shade of blue standing around looking awfly confused. With lunch tray in hand he slowly walked around looking for an empty seat. However, all the seats seemed go be taken.

As he was about to walk out, probably to eat his lunch alone in the bathroom, you stopped him.

"Hey Sal." Sal was slightly startled. He gripped his tray.

"Oh.. hey y/n. H-how are you?" He said, looking up to you because of your tall shoes.

"I'm good.. are you.. doing okay?" You ask him. Poor nervous boy.

"Huh.? Oh.. yeah.. I was just looking for a place to sit..." he says as he scans the room once again. An idea pops into your head. You look at the courtyard door, then back at Sal.

"Hey, follow me. I wanna show you something." You say with a sweet smile. Sal turns his head back to look at you and nods. You start walking towards the door, turning around every now and again to make sure hes following.

You reach the door, holding it open so he can walk through. At first glance, it's just a bunch of grass and bushes. He stands still just staring at you. She wanted to show me.. weeds? You walk to said weeds and move them to make a clearing. You motion for the blue boy to come closer. Inside, it was quite cute. You had some rocks you found outside the school, arranged to make a broader. The seat from a broken picnic table that no one decided to fix and the umbrella as well. You also had some battery operated fairy lights. Sal stood and looked at you in awe as you stepped inside and sat down.

"You can sit with me if you'd like." You say, patting the seat next to you. Sal blinks a few times before walking over and sitting next to you. He looks around at the decorations like a child looking at fireworks. Cute.

You smile before you speak.
"This is where I come to sit for lunch and study hall. You can come here anytime you'd like." You being opened you're lunch bag.

"I really like it.. t-thank you." He says. He begins to look down at his tray and you hear a slight groan in disgust. He pokes at his food a few times with this plastic spork. I know. Its gross. You take your sandwich with rip it in half the best you can.

"Yeah.. I wouldn't eat the schools food either." You say as you hand him one of the halves.

"Its peanut butter and banana. It's not much, but it's better than the 'bologna' they serve" you say. He accepts your half sandwich. You decide to split your while lunch with him. You give him the pudding cup while you keep the crackers.